close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer with yellow tag in ear ?

Discussion in 'Questions about MI Hunting/Fishing Law' started by NEW HUDSON WALT, Apr 12, 2018.

1. NEW HUDSON WALT

NEW HUDSON WALT

Over the last week in my front yard in the evening I have seen two young looking deer
    three different times..they both have a yellow tag in their right ear. The tag is flat against
    the back of the ear...when they are facing me I cannot tell they have a tag , only when
    they turn is it visible...does anyone now why they would be tagged ???I live in the Lyon Twp.
    area.:):):)

stickbow shooter likes this.
  2. mattawanhunter

mattawanhunter

Nope haven't seen one in years but you brought back memories of seeing tagged deer in the Upper Pennisula Dickinson and Marquette counties where I saw them,it was usually a yellow tag with 2 digits.
    I have those recorded in my old hunting journals, before cell phone cameras and trail cameras we would compare who saw what numbered Deer, as I recall some of them really got around!
    No one really knew why, I heard some BS, but we all assumed it was some DNR study. Someone here will know!
    Thanks for a flashback to a simpler time, when deer hunting and sightings were more of a mystery!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.

3. plugger

plugger Premium Member

We had some tagged deer, and even a couple with telemetry collars, around a few years ago. They were from a study by the Little River Band.

NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.
  4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

This program?

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/characteristics_trapped_deer_mi_up_518028_7.pdf

5. NEW HUDSON WALT

NEW HUDSON WALT

I called Michigan D.N.R. today....they told me they are the ones that tagged the deer
    in Lyon Twp. in Oakland County to do a field survey.

Rogue20 likes this.