close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Decision to make...

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by WanderingAngler, May 1, 2017.

1. WanderingAngler

WanderingAngler

Will be near Traverse City June 9 for work and am thinking of sticking around over the weekend for the fishing. Don't know the area too well but I have heard of very good smallmouth and muskie fishing in the area. Don't mind a bit of driving in any direction either. I would hire a local guide either way, but am I better off going for bass or muskie? Any recommended guides for either?

2. shrubmasters@gmail.com

shrubmasters@gmail.com

Frst, Find a boat rental. Two, stay ten feet or less and throw goby or crayfish / minnow pattern. Look for bedding fish, pools n boulders! . Shrubby

WanderingAngler likes this.

3. WanderingAngler

WanderingAngler

Thanks, any recommendations of where to put in/general areas to fish?

4. shrubmasters@gmail.com

shrubmasters@gmail.com

Hire a guide. . He/she will probably take you east bay in Traverse City or one of the numerous excellent inland lakes. The learning curve will be greatly reduced for following trips!!! If you do rent a boat stay in east bay and fish as stated above. Just make sure you go!!!! Best time to be chasing smallies . Let us know how you do!!! Shrubby

5. WanderingAngler

WanderingAngler

Thanks Shrubby, just wanted to update that I went and had a great time with Cap. Chris Noffsinger of Northern Adventures, got my personal best smallmouth of 5lb5oz as well as several other 4+ lb. fish and many 3+ lbers. I recommend him highly, 5 stars!

6. shrubmasters@gmail.com

shrubmasters@gmail.com

You're welcome . Where did you fish and what baits/lures did you use? Glad you had a great time. Hard to beat the smallie bite. Fun stuff!! . Shrubby