Decent day today

Discussion in 'Icefishing Lk. St. Clair' started by FivesFull, Mar 10, 2018.

1. FivesFull

FivesFull

Me and my buddy today double mixed bag limit. Threw back tons of keepers and gave some away because I wanted all perch. Hopefully still one more week because it's fire and the perch are now moving in but so is open water more and more every day IMG_1487.JPG

Joe Archer and jumbojake like this.
  2. THE GAME WARDEN

THE GAME WARDEN

Nice job! Were you in a canal or on that last sliver of lake ice? I was out today and got some nice perch but no gills or sunnies. Did manage to land a nice pike on my light tackle though.

3. FivesFull

FivesFull

Canal. The ice has actually been getting better the last two weeks. No sun is key the temps have been fine but open water is still moving in

4. Ken Strome

Ken Strome

Where's the spot to be? Im coming from Belleville and would love to have some action. I wasn't sure of my options on places to fish on the hard water. Thank you very much for your expertise. Ken

5. THE GAME WARDEN

THE GAME WARDEN

Outside of canals the only place I know that's left is Fair Haven and that sketchy at best. Be careful

6. Ken Strome

Ken Strome

I will. Thank you. I never fished at fair haven before. No clue where to park ect. there.

7. Johnr

Johnr

this time of year isnt the time where to learn about fairhaven due to the risky ice thats left. especially if your not familiar in that area.

retired dundo likes this.
  8. FivesFull

FivesFull

For sure. I wouldn't recommend any ice you don't see almost everyday and know it's shallow. I almost went through at my spot. Only 3.5-4 ft of water but still scared the **** out of me

Kyo and Carpenter Bill like this.