Dead Deer but nobody shows

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by melvvin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. melvvin

melvvin

Don't know where else to post this so here goes. Didn't go to work today so I could catch up on work around my house being self-employed I get away with it. Get up around 6 am go in my office to play poker on the internet wife comes in about 7. At appro. 830 kaboom across the road wife says did something backfire outside I say no that was a rifle. Half hour later she says theres a dead deer at the end of the driveway. Well it wasn,t there when I got up so I go out and take a look guess what its a nursing doe with a bullet hole thru the lungs. I'm pissed so I go in my house call the RAP hotline get asked 10 stupid questions by some girl that could really give a frogs fat rearend about it. She takes my name, address, and phone # tells me she will contact a CO. This is at 1030 so I get up on my roof to clean my gutters and a car stops and is going to take the deer. I go out and tell the guy the DNR is going to want to see this deer leave it alone. He leave's his phone # so if they let me keep it he can have it I tell him sure I don't need it. He comes back at 12:30 still no DNR so I won't let him take it. 1:30 rolls around back he comes with a phone # of a CO I can call that says he can have it. I tell him to take it I don't care anymore the reason nobody came is that they were all at the rifle range HA HA HA HA HA on me for bothering to call anybody. Now I'm fighting with myself to go talk to the moron that did it cause I backtracked the deer dam near to his backyard in the woods across the road. Seems the idiot built an exspensive home back in the woods with landscaping to match and the deer are crazing on it , who would of figured. Been putting 2 and 2 together since turkey season started there has been prolly a couple dozen shots from that way geez I wonder what those were at. Don't know how many deer he's shot now but more than a few prolly but this was the only one that ran this way. Well I'm headed over to tell him that if I hear one more shot from his way I'm gonna bust his jaw since the DNR longer gives a rip about our deer herd. I guess we dont need a deer licsense just shot em in your backyard nobody cares.What A DAM WASTE.

2. TimP

TimP

How sad that people even do this and also that the dnr dont care but it happens all the time around here too!

3. WALLEYE SEEKER

WALLEYE SEEKER

I always thought if you called the dnr they had to come make a report. After all isnt that what we pay them for.

4. srconnell22

srconnell22

still have a bloodtrail right? Call the DNR again!!! Sure would be interesting if they tracked that deer to his backyard!!! ;)

5. melvvin

melvvin

Well all but 24 hrs gone by and no response to my RAP call. I don't understand, the shooting of a deer in June is still poaching but seems it just don't matter. The backtrail I followed was very light blood and at times it was going by where it ran into a tree or disturbed the ground so with the rain thats gone. Have not talked to the guy across the road about it yet decided to calm down first mainly because of orders from my wife. This has been very upsetting to me I don't hunt around here but it still bothers me. I used to always side with the DNR but that has faded with this poor performance. I have decided to wait for the next shot and call the sherrif's office and see what they have to say after all I don't know which direction the shot was fired.

6. blood trail

blood trail

I wonder what that guy across the street of you is doing with the deer...assuming his IS shooting them? He has to be either processing them or dumping them!

I would hate to think he is actually shooting them over some landscaping in his yard.

7. hicky40cmu

hicky40cmu

That is some BS... Id be pissed if I were you too. I hope that you follow up with another call to the DNR or do go and talk to them atleast. Let us know how it plays out.

8. 223369

Thats sucks. I would be really upset, and i wouldn't blame you if you cold cock the sob who shot the deer.

9. old school

old school

All you will get out of this, I know because we have used the rap line before is " there is something being done about it but not being talked about it.... " We never got a call back either.:rant:

10. bucko12pt

bucko12pt

Have only had one experience calling the RAP line about 4-5 years ago. I gave the initial info to the gal on the phone and within 10 minutes I got a call from a CO. She told me she would check it out and about two
    hours later called me back and explained to me the situation and said she would let me know if anything further developed. This was also with a neighbor and I never heard anything again, but that did'nt surprise me.

I think the CO's are pretty strapped for time these days, but someone could at least call. If a CO can't answer a call right away, they should have someone from a local office screen the call by calling the reporting person to see how critical the situation is
    time wise.

Seems they would have this guy stone cold, but a good shower would wash the eveidence away.

Situations like this sour people on the DNR.:sad:

11. OSXer

OSXer

I've contemplated calling the RAP line before on someone who I know is poaching, but reading stuff like this I highly doubt that it would do any good, especially since in my situation since the particular species is raccoons of all things. Deer at least mean something with respect to income to the state where as masked bandits I'm sure are at the bottom of the barrel.

12. det07

det07

F*&^% the RAP LINE. CALL YOUR LOCAL DISPATCH AND HAVE A DEPUTY COME AND TAKE THE REPORT OR HAVE DISPATCH CALL THE CO AND SEND HIM OUT. DEPUTIES CAN ENFORCE GAME AND FISH LAWS TOO! IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMETHING DONE ABOUT IT THEN PICK UP THE PHONE! IF YOU GO KNOCK THE GUY OUT COLD YOU WILL BE THE ONE IN JAIL AND HE WILL PROBABLY KEEP SHOOTING DEER OUT OF HIS YARD:rant:

13. sniper's mojo

sniper's mojo

Go talk to the idiot. Perhaps without the threat of violence though.:lol: If you let him know that you know what he is doing it will cease or at least he will think twice about it. You can paint it as a neighborly warning before the authorities get involved. I think you may be surprised how much this could help the situation. People for the most part only break the law when they feel they won't get caught. Give him something to think about with a friendly warning. Of course if the behavior persists and the authorities don't help then proceed with socking him in the mouth.:lol:

14. dlbaldwin01

dlbaldwin01

Why should he have to go talk with the guy, isn't that what the CO should have been doing the day it happened?:idea: This is embarassing as far as I am concerned. Our DNR can't do any better than no response at all? What a joke. Could someone here, preferably a CO, explain what the purpose of the RAP line is. Because it obviously isn't for reporting blatant poaching violations.

15. tommy-n

tommy-n Banned

I agree, every time I have called them, if they did not come that day they came the next. I am disappointed they have not come as of yet, please keep us posted