Daughter strikes again.

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Whopper 24, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Whopper 24

Whopper 24

4D7CCFB3-8B67-41C1-908D-A7FFCF8E0274.jpeg ‘‘Twas the night before thanksgiving, as we sat in the shack with my oldest daughter of 9 years. We sat silent listening to the rain pour down, or as silent as it gets with a 9 yr old girl!
    At about 4:15 we had a nice mature doe with 2 fawns come out and feed in the picked corn. They ended up coming to within 30’yds of the shack, daughter had green light for any deer (except fawns), but I convinced her to let the doe walk since it was so early... patience...as she really wanted to take a buck.
    Not 3 minutes later all 3 deer ran out of the field, I thought sh*t, that didn’t work, no more live decoys.
    We sat there for a long while with nothing, but more rain. Boredom had set in for her, so she quietly played on her tablet. At about 5:10, I looked up and said “ here comes a buck!”. The buck walked steady out in front of us at about 70yds, followed by 2 other good sized deer with no apparent antlers.
    We quickly got her window slid open, and the Cva 44 barrel out the window. She was ready, so I reached up and cocked the hammer. She aimed, and Boom!! I heard the Bear creek bullet smack hard, the buck mule kicked, and took off with his tail swirling. Great shot I told her, as we watched the deer struggle to make it out of the field.
    Mom was called, and headed our way. We went out in the field, found tracks from the mule kick, and some hair. No blood. Continuing to follow hoof tracks, still no blood, we were almost out of the field when i shined my light just off the field a d saw a glowing eye, there he was stone cold dead!
    Joy encompassed all of us as high 5’s and hugs were delivered. Super proud of her effort this year, as she hunted at least every other night after school, trying to bag her buck!
    Only negative part of the story was the no blood, and I mean not one drop in the 100yd track job. Upon field dressing, I found the front of the heart destroyed. Bullet went in front right shoulder, absolutely destroyed it, through the heart, out the left side of last few ribs and stopped just under the skin.
    Beautiful 8 pt for the little hunter!! Her 2nd buck in 3 seasons.... pressure is on mom now!

Attached Files:

2. U of M Fan

U of M Fan Premium Member

Nice!!!! Congrats

Whopper 24 likes this.

3. John Hine

John Hine

FANTASTIC!!

Whopper 24 likes this.
  4. Botiz

Botiz

Excellent! Congrats to the young hunter!

Whopper 24 likes this.
  5. sniper

sniper

Andy nice job and congrats to your daughter!! Always nice when a fellow Hillsdale brothern or (sister) connects. Funny your so close but I never heard one shot yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Doghouse 5 and Whopper 24 like this.
  6. Hook and Ladder

Hook and Ladder

Hey Whopper tell her congratulations. You wouldn't have been close to a major road between us just after dark. On my way home and saw flash lights out in one of your corn fields. Pretty crappy out last night but they were moving.

Whopper 24 likes this.
  7. Ash

Ash

congrats to your daughter!! awesome buck

Whopper 24 likes this.
  8. Ken

Ken

Hide probably covered the entrance hole. Surprised it didn't blow some blood out of its nose at least.

Whopper 24 likes this.
  9. Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Very nice. Congrats to daughter and dad both.

Whopper 24 likes this.
  10. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

AND ALL THE REST OF US BUCKLESS HUNTERS!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I love showing my 8 yr old these pics. She'll be ready one of these days.

Doghouse 5, up520, jeffm and 4 others like this.
  11. Whopper 24

Whopper 24

You wouldn’t have heard the shot, I don’t hunt at my house.
    You are correct Joel, that was probably us!!

sniper and Hook and Ladder like this.
  12. bigbucks160

bigbucks160

Congrats to your daughter!!! And you too dad, great memories!!!

Whopper 24 and Doghouse 5 like this.
  13. Wandering arrows

Wandering arrows

14. flocknocker1

flocknocker1

CONGRATS to the little lady and Dad for taking the time to put in a lot of work and the time to teach !! I am an empty nester now and really miss those days !!

15. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Congrats to your daughter and u.nice job.

Whopper 24 and Doghouse 5 like this.