Danny Hale Pin

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by JungleGeorge, Jan 3, 2020.

1. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

E9ABF91A-429E-4EA7-B694-71AD6106E518.jpeg Finally got around to takin a few pics , I got my hands on a Danny Hale pin . I just spooled it Up and went out fishin the other day but the river was mud and only got a few skippers . Any body else have a pin made by Danny ? I have seen 2 others. They are super cool especially because they are made by a legend around here . I joke with one of my buddy’s who’s been steelhead fishing for over 30 years , “ who would win in a Fish off Danny Hale or Greg Knapp ??” Both of those guys could spit in the parking lot and hook a chromer .

Attached Files:

troutguy26, rippin lip, Steve and 2 others like this.
  2. nighttime

nighttime

Nice reel! I have seen one in person and fished it twice. Belongs to a friend of mine. Beautiful walnut back plate on his. Lucky dogs friend took him over to meet him. Friend of mine and Danny have a lot in common running dogs and had good conversation about fishing he had mentioned. Danny offered up the reel to him, he gladly purchased it off his workbench. One site member mentioned selling his, I gladly offered to take it off his hands.... I know your reading TK! Offer stands.....

3. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

I haven’t met him personally , but I have heard..... from a guy I know .... that Danny has caught a couple steelhead

4. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

I stopped by the dam in Rockford one spring day maybe 15 years back when guys were lining both sides of the river. Nobody hooking up with their spinning rods, bobbers, and spawn. Here comes this guy with a strange looking pin. Waits a few minutes and finds a place to step in. Promptly hooks, lands, and releases two steel in about 10 minutes. Gets in his vehicle and leaves. I hear a couple guys talking about this guy. Danny Hale. I was seriously impressed.

5. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

I fish around where I know he hangs out For that exact reason

6. nighttime

nighttime

I’ve heard similar stories.

7. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

Here are a couple of pics of a Danny Hale that is now in the hands of a friend in Canada, he bought it from a friend of mine here in Indiana.

[​IMG][​IMG]

rippin lip and TK81 like this.
  8. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

Nice! You don’t see very many of them. Nice reels for sure

9. rippin lip

rippin lip

My buddy Troy uses his son Jakes hale every trip still, he won’t give it back. I’m Always telling him that having drag on a pin is cheating. I have got to fish With the Jedi Danny himself a couple of times. Truly a steelhead master! F73BE1B9-0EE1-46E0-AB3E-A4D703BB6492.png 04E124F6-702E-4E99-975C-000DC2397B14.png 59EB5984-A05E-45A0-967B-87CD8E751C10.png

TK81, GrandGuru, nighttime and 2 others like this.
  10. rippin lip

rippin lip

I was over at my buddy’s house thursday night after fishing in the Ionia area. I remembered he has this over sized fly reel the Jedi had crafted so I took some pics to share with ya. B01D2D04-CE82-4917-80B8-4A1B34444E35.jpeg 06D81B3F-8955-41F1-A0DF-C7E6201B10CE.jpeg

eggfly, GrandGuru and TK81 like this.
  11. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

That looks like the ultimate goat roping reel . Bad to th e bone !

eggfly likes this.
  12. rippin lip

rippin lip

Here’s a video with my chums fishing with the Jedi. Toad lost his best of fishing buddies in ruby so that’s what the ending is about, hope you enjoy it

GrandGuru, TK81 and PunyTrout like this.
  13. rippin lip

rippin lip

It’s beefy!!!

GrandGuru likes this.
  14. Splitshot

Splitshot

I owned one of Danny's centerpins and it was smooth as silk. Sold it about 7 or 8 years ago to my buddy Mechanical Head who learnd to fish steelhead with Danny on the Grand River. Danny also built the power anchor for my boat about 15 years ago and it still working good. Quality and utility.

GrandGuru likes this.
  15. nighttime

nighttime

Cool looking reel. That dude’s lady must love his tongue! Wtf lol