CWD Spreads...

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Justsayin, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Justsayin

Justsayin

What DNR didn't tell any of us... CWD has spread to 14 new townships AND 2 new counties since end of 2019 season?!? The image shared below was on the DNR website and shows townships with positives. https://www.michigan.gov/documents/emergingdiseases/map_cwd_positive_deer_locations_633303_7.pdf

I've tried to keep track of CWD but there is no transparency anymore. I don't expect the DNR to share any stats regarding CWD this year. The dashboard remains unchanged since end of 2019 season but clearly those numbers cannot be considered current. This is a travesty.

Montcalm - Belvidere, Crystal
    Kent - Solon & Algoma
    Ionia - Otisco, Easton, Boston
    Gratiot - Seville, Newark, Fulton
    Eaton - Chester
    Isabella - Lincoln, Shepherd Coe
    Hillsdale - Moscow

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 11.39.38 PM.png

If anyone thought they could drop off a CWD Zone head at a Drop Box location, think again. They plan on trashing heads from areas outside their limited testing area...

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 7.26.03 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Sparky23, motdean and mbrewer like this.
  2. mbrewer

mbrewer

This is what the game looks like when losers win.

3. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Look at all the extra townships that could have the four per/side APR's experiment.

Sparky23 likes this.
  4. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Two new counties and no press release? Doesn't seem appropriate. :(

5. Dish7

Dish7

Hmm, what was it that happened again at the end of 2019, beginning of 2020? Seems like it made the news.
    CWD isn't, won't be and never was a front line issue for MI or any other state or government run agency. Especially now. But yes, you would think they could manage a press release. Hell, I still can't get a title for a truck I bought in April.

6. Justsayin

Justsayin

Truth is no one is winning... everyone loses... between the Director and his buddies, we are losing at record pace because they don't want to understand or follow the (science) rules of the game. Who would trust Michigan's "research" when the state is demonstrating epic failure and incompetence? "Social science" and unfounded opinions are incapable of managing disease...

Ranger Ray likes this.
  7. mbrewer

mbrewer

When you're cutting back, free media coverage is too expensive.

Anyone remember the license increase proposal that promised increased communication and public relations?

1201fn5.jpg

8. mbrewer

mbrewer

When the truth is irrelevant, how it's applied is too.

9. swampbuck

swampbuck

Exactly, doesnt matter under our current MDNR.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

motdean likes this.
  10. Justsayin

Justsayin

** I missed one of the new townships, making it 15 additional townships since last March... Attached map shows the spread.

Montcalm - Belvidere, Crystal
    Kent - Solon, Algoma
    Ionia - Otisco, Easton, Boston
    Gratiot - Seville, Newark, Fulton
    Eaton - Chester
    Ingham - Williamstown
    Isabella - Lincoln, Shepherd Coe
    Hillsdale - Moscow
    Michigan CWD 9-22-20.jpg

11. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer Premium Member

Well glad someone posted this so hunters would not take their kills and spread it even further which is probably the case anyways .

Justsayin likes this.
  12. Fordguy

Fordguy

Ronald twp in Ionia County now shows a cwd positive deer too. Right on the west edge of Palo.

13. Newaygo1

Newaygo1

So How does a Hunter Know when there is no Local Testing Available and Dealing with getting the "Gland" when few know the Glands Exact Location and Getting It Out intact and then Sending It is a Whole Lot to DEAL with And add to It You are Paying So why should the DNR get the results for FREE If they Are Not Paying the Hunter Is? The DNR should Not get It and It Should be the Hunters Option Not the Lab or DNR to Give / Get It for Free! I Know some that are not Hunting due to this I guess that might be a bonus for others that want to see and maybe take a deer in 2020. So I doubt I will deal with getting a Gland as by the Time the Results are in the Deer is Processed and that also Adds to the lost of $ as You get nothing back for all the money Spent yet the DNR gets free Data. I am willing to pay for testing if it was Local but sending anything and then wait is just another drawback as to the DNR and It's Decision!!!
    The Deer I might shoot will have to be a Good Buck otherwise it is Not worth the trouble and What if I do and just Cut the Head Off and Leave the rest on my property since It is mine to do what I want with? As that has crossed my mind since this was decided on my the DNR as I am not a Meat Hunter as I once was just with this whole CWD Debacle has show how Poor Run the MI DNR is run and the NRC is just a political commission by Allowing the Lack of Testing To Happen! Sad But that is what we get! So with little testing who will Know If it is Spreading to other DMU's or Not. The DNr Won't Know till it is spread like It Has!
    Newaygo1

jonnyb likes this.
  14. fishx65

fishx65

It does seem like the DNR is just giving up on CWD. Is there a reason for this??? Did something happen that we don't know about? Is it all just a HOAX?:):)

15. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

CWD related costs accounted for 25% of the DNRs Wildlife Divisions annual budget for the last few years. Its here and established, CWD is something we are going to have to learn to live with since it doesn’t magically go away. The DNR provided a means for those concerned with CWD to get testing done in the areas outside where the DNR is still looking for data points. Humans are incredibly adaptable, other states have learned to live with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2020
    Nostromo likes this.