CWD found in Michigan

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Tom Morang, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninja

Ninja Guest

I think there already has been some concern and maybe a little bit of regulation in that industry. :D:lol:

2. scott kavanaugh

scott kavanaugh

CWD if indeed in our animals as TB is? Will not be eraticated by killing most or even all of our deer.

The current baiting ban of the LP, makes as much sense as it did when the DNR destroyed NE Michigans Deer Population and economy in the name of TB.

This area is overflowing with QDM and private properties and farms with deer densities that are off the charts. The idea that baiting is the problem, by any intelligent individual, would have to be goal orienated.

Why doesn't the DNR just isolate that area, shut down baiting, and kill all the deer. They have a prototype. How's that working out?

There have been way too many anti baiters/QDMr's banging the drum against baiting. The DNR's been pulling their hair out looking for a way to get the LP's deer population down. AND PRESTO A CRISIS

This isn't gonna fly. The DNR doesn't have that kind of credibility with us anymore, and they probably never will again. THIS IS THE KIND OF CRAP THEY'VE
    BECOME.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008

3. Swamper

Swamper

I have to believe that nearly all people believe CWD to be a serious threat once they get past being emotional. Once you get to that conclusion, then something(s) have to be done to control. I applaud the DNR for having a response plan and secondly, taking the action swiftly. Those who are frozen by fear of making a mistake will want more studies, proof, etc...same type of behavior that causes people to hold an investment in a stock until its worthless, take forever to order food in a line at McDonald's...afraid to make a mistake. This is not the time for faint of heart to be at the helm.

Again, its serious, something has to be done, I applaud Lansing for taking swift action, and I am encouraged by the number of sportsmen supporting this decision.

Swamper

4. MuskyDan

MuskyDan

I am glad I am not the only conspiracy theorist. I agree and the deer was probably planted by an agent of the DNR, who was promised a new boat by an auto insurance lobbyist, who in turn had his palm greased by a farm insurance lobbyist!! But what a way to shut up the anti-baiting crowd, eh? Not even a vote just a /baiting is over now!! For now they have greased the squeaky wheel but I fear they've opened themselves up for a beating! I spend 99% of my time afield away from bait, but behind my home on my little 15 acres I have a bait pile set up for hunting and recreational viewing. I am certain that I spend 3-400 dollars on that each year and that is on 15 acres. I can't imagine the impact this decision will have on Michigan's economy in the short term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.