CWD Bi-Weekly Updates

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Liver and Onions, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Piranha man

Piranha man

It would be interesting to know the percentage of those numbers that are mature bucks. With the multiple numbers just in townships appears to be possibly family groups of does?

Sparky23 likes this.
  2. motdean

motdean

Don't forget that those numbers might not be accurate.

There is a cohort that has ~75% of their population unavailable for harvest.
    It might actually be lower as it is known (according to ex-Chief Mason) that 2 1/1 year old bucks are more likely than 1 1/2 year old bucks to have the disease.

I just want us to caveat those numbers to be sure that we are capturing what the data really represents.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Piranha man likes this.

3. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Not sure how updated this is but at one point the bucks had a slight lead with positives Screenshot_20200118-133422.png

4. Justsayin

Justsayin

CWD Progression 2017-2019 Montcalm, Kent, Ionia, Gratiot (By section as reported)

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 8.51.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 8.52.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 8.52.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 8.53.11 PM.png

Liver and Onions, motdean and Waif like this.
  5. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

The 3 that are outlined in red ? Thanks in advance. Great charts.

L & O

Snowlover 77 likes this.
  6. Justsayin

Justsayin

Red & Green outlined townships are part of the APR/CWD study where green is control. There are 4 paired twps. The forth red twp is in Mecosta.

motdean and Liver and Onions like this.
  7. Snowlover 77

Snowlover 77

Just a question out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know what township in Kent County the original captive CWD case was found in way back in 2008 or 2009, whenever that was discovered?

8. motdean

motdean

9. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

10. motdean

motdean

I am going to guess that the will be testing more if people utilize the DMAPS.

Also, it appears as though they are not utilizing DMAPs across the "APR Study area" equally with only some of the paired townships utilizing DMAPS. That more than likely will skew results in their unscientific, scientific non-study to compare how deer demographics change over time between two regulatory areas...

I am not sure, but the introduction of DMAPS would also lead me to believe that they did not increase the antlerless harvest in the areas as prescribed by the study.

It is going to get interesting.

11. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

DMAPs are only good during a normal season so they expired on Jan. 1st.
    Last year my DCPs did not expire until March. I'm not certain if tests from any of those permits filled after Jan. 1 were applied to 2018 results or 2019 results. The final results came out in Feb. so I thought 2019.
    The DCPs I received last summer expired on Sept. 30th. I do not know if other permits were issued to landowners that are still valid. I hope not.

L & O

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    motdean likes this.
  12. Piranha man

Piranha man

Just heard from a friend that a disposal truck pulled into Jerome Market to pick up livestock carcasses and it was full of whitetail deer unprocessed shot by Sharpshooters in Jackson County. I'll try to find out if they were missing heads.
    Thank you DNR and dept. Of ag,
    where's peta?

13. Justsayin

Justsayin

Latest update on dashboard shows +4 in Jackson co. - Spring Arbor(+2), Summit(+2)

Overall 69 positives for 2019 through Feb 15, 2020. 185 positives since 2015.

Jackson county has had 11 positives this year vs only 2 last year. 3 of the 4 in Summit twp were taken by sharpshooters.

**Goal tracking page has not been updated with these positives as yet. They may be considered toward 2020 numbers.

14. Piranha man

Piranha man

It would be interesting to know how many were tested to find the two positives in Jackson County last year and how many were tested this year to find 11 positive