CWD Bi-Weekly Updates

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Liver and Onions, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Sparky23

Sparky23

Exactly! it's amazing how some people think that it's just poofed up overnight and it's never been here before. At one point they thought that about cancer in humans.even though they didn't know what it was because they couldn't test for it

sniper likes this.
  2. sniper

sniper

Cmon Joe! Maybe an infant is doing your calculations. It’s basic 6th grade problem solving math!
    The more deer they test and the larger the area, the more positives their gonna find. Look beyond the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Sparky23, Piranha man and HUBBHUNTER like this.

3. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

[​IMG]

You should probably read up on this stuff, until you understand it:

https://www.google.com/search?
    q=exponential+growth&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS840US840&oq=EXEXPONENTIAL+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.17116j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

NbyNW, weekendredneck and motdean like this.
  4. fishx65

fishx65

Kinda like the global warming theory.

Tracker83 likes this.
  5. sniper

sniper

Sparky23 and jr28schalm like this.
  6. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

7. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

8. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

I believe I heard the total was 174 CWD positive deer now. Is that a correct number?

9. Snowlover 77

Snowlover 77

10. Justsayin

Justsayin

2019 Township level update thru 1/15/2020. Overall CWD zone tests down 64.7% from 2018, 8 new CWD townships added in Kent, Ionia, Gratiot and Jackson.

While success is declared by some, claiming doe harvest goals were met... I see no cause for celebration. Montcalm yields fewer tests, fewer positive deer removed AND fewer does testing positive.

How many years will false claims be allowed to guide management decisions? IF does were the biggest CWD issue (in MI), in contradiction of all other science, hammering all them older does should have yielded, well... more CWD removed. It didn't... true story.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.51.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.51.43 PM.png

LabtechLewis likes this.
  11. motdean

motdean

Thanks for posting.

When you say that does harvest goals were met, were you referring to the arbitrary ratio, or a true increase in antlerless harvest over 2018 that was originally promised?

I have not yet seen the results for the three county area, but have been looking.

With respect to your comment about seeing an increase in CWD positive deer, not only would that be possible if doe were the biggest contributors (as you mentioned), but it would ALSO have to be the outcome of more antlerless deer harvested, not some arbitrary ratio.

LabtechLewis likes this.
  12. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

I editted your post....bold X.
    There will no way to know about doe or buck harvest until the Harvest Report is released in June.

L & O

13. Sparky23

Sparky23

It's quite pitiful that none were tested from many SW counties. Kal..Van Buren..allegan. Basically nothing south of Barry and Kent. I guess I'm in ways glad because I'm sure there is positives. They just don't wanna know about them. And I don't want them slaughtered off.

14. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

The two main goals for our Co Op this year were to increase CWD sample size in Liv Co and to share information. I was cautioned by one individual who told me that not everyone wants their DMU's CWD status known because "they" will potentially remove the MAPR and "they" will reduce the herd.

First time I had heard that perspective. I found it interesting, but curious.

motdean and Sparky23 like this.
  15. Sparky23

Sparky23

I'm not in marp unfortunately. But while I'm glad none were tested from these counties i also find it quite pitiful. I know a few guys who took there's in for patch and asked about testing from Kalamazoo and were told it was not needed