Cwd article on outdoornews

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Groundsize, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Groundsize

Groundsize

Did you know how many billions it took to cure Hep C? Do you know for someone to become cured from Hep C it costs 60-85k now? How much do you think it would cost to discover a cure for CWD prion? including trial testing.... Do you honestly think 2 million donation the Michigan Gov gave to the DNR actually will do something positive? My guess is it will be used to pay for more head testing at Michigan State labs and glass slides. Just to test and monitor prevalence. Eventually this will all stop because of money. Now this is an example of a cure all drug. Do you know how many cure all drugs are out there for major diseases? Very few..... Oh by the way Pharmaset was bought out for the Hep Cure for 11 Billion dollars. Do you honestly think anyone will find a cure at a cost like that? How much would it cost to distribute to one deer?

2. mbrewer

mbrewer

Got Patents? :D

3. rork

rork

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28193766 is the most recent review I know of. We know plenty.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30397182 is the best vaccine work I know to date. We don't need cure if we can keep it very rare.

Yes I know that formula. I'm a statistician working in cancer research labs. I design experiments and do power calculations all the time. I do not understand the second question.

4. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

Great, and I've done statistical education and studied epidemiological studies. You still didn't answer the question.

5. rork

rork

Why not try and make a point if you have one?
    PS: We did not cure smallpox. We did better than that.

motdean likes this.
  6. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

Maybe if you knew as much as you claim you do on here you wouldn't have to ask me for a point? My point becomes evident if you'd simply answer the questions.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

Just can't help yourself can you?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  8. Petronius

Petronius Premium Member

How long are you going to keep this crap going?

stickbow shooter likes this.
  9. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Nothing hurts like the truth.

L & O

motdean likes this.
  10. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

Take it up with him. I've been over it, but yet he quotes me claiming alcoholism?

11. G20man

G20man Banned

Looks like you asked the wrong person that question.

otcarcher likes this.
  12. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

No kidding.

13. rork

rork

I'm willing to learn new things and change my opinions, but not if you are going to talk in code.

14. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

Talking in code, I got used to that a long time ago. Answering a question with a question makes it tough at times. Sometimes I find an answer and other times it's like pissing into the wind. I still think it's the best way to teach and learn.

I'm a retired electrician that works part time at a hardware store. I sucked at stats. I love digging for information and just wish I retained more of what I find. The banter in here gets people to think if they can see past it.

15. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

I'm not talking in code. I asked simple questions you should know the answer to if you're posting up statistical formulas, etc.

Your math is great. However, it is irrelevant because it makes the assumption that the reported prevalence rates were actually obtained correctly. In order to do that, in cases of rare events like CWD for instance, you would have to know that the testing was done in appropriate numbers to accurately find the disease at expected prevalence rates. Your example doesn't show that, nor does the information reported in the Illinois CWD report.