CWD Announcement from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by otcarcher, Feb 11, 2019.

1. motdean

motdean

I caught the fact that they kept mentioning the wildlife ahead of humans and scratched my head too...

DirtySteve likes this.
  2. Groundsize

Groundsize

I would like to know that States and states DNR are contributing money to research. Stuff like this is a step in the right direction.

U of M Fan likes this.

3. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

My gut says they're full of $%&@. But I'm hopeful.

GVDocHoliday likes this.
  4. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer Premium Member

Very skeptical .If there was any proof this was legit seems the CDC would be all over it .Hope i'm wrong though .

5. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

The FDA drug approval process is exhaustive. There are multiple steps to take before getting Clinical Trial approval. Add to that the fact that the Clinical Trial itself can also take up to 4 years or more to pass. If his research is found to be true, a 6-7 year timeline is pretty optimistic IMHO, unless he's already started the process, which doesn't sound like he has.

6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

This type of research is funded by many sources. Big foundations typically support university research. Groups like ALS association,cancer society or federal govt fund the level of research that bastion is doing at LSU.

The university of michigan alone brings in 1.4 billion dollars a year in research grant money. I dont think our DNR budget is paying for it. The DNR Probably isnt even able to if it wanted to. If the state wants to give away money for research there usually has to legislation passed to approve it. We need checks and balances like that so many isn't illegally spent on things it shouldnt be.

One example would be the new pot law. The first 20 million of tax dollars a year goes towards marijuana research and studies about how legal weed affects our state. If you want our tax money to be spent on CWD research you need to talk to your local reps and have something proposed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. rork

rork

Joe Archer likes this.
  8. U of M Fan

U of M Fan Premium Member

I’m definitely skeptical but very hopeful that a cure is close. I would definitely donate some money to bait the yarding areas of the Yoop.