Crystal River Glen Arbor

Discussion in 'Gear Restrictions and Trout Fishing Regs' started by bborow2501, Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bborow2501

bborow2501

I was fishing here the other day and had someone yell at me and tell me I was fishing closed water. He claimed that all water upstream of Fisher Dam was closed.

I had thought I did my due diligence in reading the guide, but did I miss something? I would really love to be on the right side of the law on this

Looking at the maps it would appear that it is type 3 all the way to Fisher Lakes, which is a non-designated body of water that sits between Glen Lake and wherever the Crystal River is determined to start. However elsewhere in the guide it says that from Fisher Dam down to lake Michigan it is type 3.

Between the dam and Fisher Rd, I see nothing in the guide or on the maps that would indicate this short section is type 1. There is nothing in the exceptions by county section either.

So my original conclusion was that upstream of Fisher Dam is either considered part of Fisher Lake, or is a non-designated stream. Both are open to year round fishing from what I can tell. However I'm not sure if that individual was trying to protect his fishing spot, but he said "better not let the CO catch you doing that." Screenshot_20201018-095856.jpeg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. bborow2501

bborow2501

Images from the 2020 guide for reference Screenshot_20201018-100727.jpeg Screenshot_20201018-100617.jpeg Screenshot_20201018-102237.jpeg Screenshot_20201018-102301.jpeg

polychoke likes this.

3. kzoofisher

kzoofisher

Looks like you're right to me, open under one set of regs or another from Glen on down. To be 100% I'd check in with the DNR to make sure there in't a hard to see short stretch of Type 1.

bborow2501 likes this.
  4. bborow2501

bborow2501

After calling the DNR, Glen Lake down to Fisher Dam is considered non-designated water as listed in Fisheries order 210.

fisheater likes this.
  5. polychoke

polychoke

bborow2501 and slowpaya like this.
  6. slowpaya

slowpaya Premium Member

:Welcome: to michigan sportsman Polychoke...:Welcome:

polychoke likes this.
  7. PunyTrout

PunyTrout Staff Member Mods

My close fishing buddy had a vacation condo nearby. We used to fish the streams in the area quite a bit. There used to be some excellent fishing there 20 + years ago.

However, posting a thread where it is named in the title is a very bad idea if you plan on fishing there in the future and would like a little solitude and a few Cohos or Steelhead on the end of your line.

Some people need to learn that lesson the hard way I guess.

The stream is not listed and therefore it is unmentionable on these forums.

Good luck...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.