Covid Positive school listing

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by eye-sore, Oct 13, 2020.

1. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

That would make sense. My wifes work was contacted by health dept. They were interviewed and given specific instructions for which patients they were required to contact. I would guess you were contacted because the school was told by health dept to contact you. I would also assume the health dept would put the school on the list.

sureshot006 likes this.
  2. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Maybe. The school told us we may be contacted by health department. It didn't happen. But the school did advise he quarantine.

DirtySteve likes this.

3. Oak

Oak Premium Member

it is hard to say who has what, COVID, Flu, common cold, what we know so far is it all depends on the initial viral load upon exposure, meaning how close and how many virus particles got from one sick person to another. Lots of people tested positive and had no symptoms. no one has the right answer what to do with them. best case scenario is to isolate positive patients for 5 days and if no symptoms then they go back to the public life.
    Also note that after recovery from COVID test will still be positive as the PCR test will pick the dead virus gene particles.

4. eye-sore

eye-sore

In my county,multiple schools have their covid numbers hidden somewhere on their homepage. They are not reporting on the mdhhs site. Now if that is totally acceptable, then the state needs to remove the mdhhs list because it is misleading. If you looked only at this list you would only see one college and 1 or 2 other buildings listed. As I said before I know many teachers who have confirmed cases that are being reported on a diff format. So my point is this mdhhs list is worthless and a poor source of info. How do we shutdown our country for months and then give out B.S. info? Either this is serious or it's not but I'm tired of everybody just checking boxes instead of actually having a plan. Which brings me to my next point, all the policies are based on close contact.now we find out its airborne

sureshot006 likes this.
  5. cireofmi

cireofmi

"If your institution is listed, the local health department and school are investigating the outbreak and will contact you directly if you (or your minor/child) were possibly exposed to coronavirus on the school grounds. Please note that students or staff who were exposed to COVID-19 outside of school grounds AND are not thought to have spread the disease on the school grounds (due to quarantine, self-isolation, etc.) are not included in the tables below."

Unless the transmission happened at school, they don't get reported on that site.

DirtySteve likes this.
  6. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

Our school immediately informs the parents of the children in the classroom and in the particular building of the positive case. Subsequently the parents in the school system are notified of a positive case in the system. At no time is the identity of the person with the case identified.

sureshot006 likes this.
  7. sureshot006

Looks like CDC agrees with me now.

Term

Close Contact

Definition

Someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period* starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.

* Individual exposures added together over a 24-hour period (e.g., three 5-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes). Data are limited, making it difficult to precisely define “close contact;” however, 15 cumulative minutes of exposure at a distance of 6 feet or less can be used as an operational definition for contact investigation. Factors to consider when defining close contact include proximity (closer distance likely increases exposure risk), the duration of exposure (longer exposure time likely increases exposure risk), whether the infected individual has symptoms (the period around onset of symptoms is associated with the highest levels of viral shedding), if the infected person was likely to generate respiratory aerosols (e.g., was coughing, singing, shouting), and other environmental factors (crowding, adequacy of ventilation, whether exposure was indoors or outdoors). Because the general public has not received training on proper selection and use of respiratory PPE, such as an N95, the determination of close contact should generally be made irrespective of whether the contact was wearing respiratory PPE. At this time, differential determination of close contact for those using fabric face coverings is not recommended.

eye-sore likes this.
  8. piketroller

piketroller

Looks like you need to pass this along to your school district and let us know how they respond.

9. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Looks like this may shoot the H out of contact in the store

10. sureshot006

They're keeping up on it. But honestly no change because they had told us my son couldn't come back for 14 days. Health dept didn't call us because it didn't fit the criteria at the time. Now it would.

11. triplelunger

triplelunger

Right... They just identify every other kid that doesn't have it. Kids aren't stupid.
    My daughter knows the names of every kid in the district that tested positive.
    I'm not really cool with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

12. sureshot006

It'll definitely impact the workplace. Guidelines have been within 6 ft for 15 min at a time, so they always said nobody else was at risk. Now we'll probably have some additional quarantine.

Scout 2 likes this.
  13. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

She thinks she does. Kids dont get it right.

Pretty sure there a few kids in my kids school that still believe my son died from covid lol.