Confused

Discussion in 'MichiganTurkey.com' started by melvvin, Apr 22, 2008.

1. melvvin

melvvin

Can anybody tell me why a 50 year old man whose turkey hunted for more years than he can remember get so excited on the opener? I could'nt sleep the night before we go in the woods in the morn my stomach feels like its doing back flips and I'm not even the one hunting. Is there something wrong with me? Am i the only one that acts like this? I hope theres no cure.:yikes:

2. slowpoke

slowpoke

My son got the first drawing. I had to get the last one. I went out with him yesterday and called for him. I was like a 18 year old with his first new car. We had 5 Jacks within 10 feet of the blind for a long time gobbling. I was calling them in, it took a long time, they were across a a low wet area and was working around the high ground to get to us. One time I think they were about 50 yds away the next time they were 15 feet away and behind me, I didn't know they were they untill one gobbled, jump out of my skin, now you ain't lived until a turkey let loose right behind you that you never new were that close. There gobble is loud when that close. It's hard to wait until the 5th of May so I can take my turn.

3. Critter

Critter

I hope that feeling never goes away. I actually slept the night before my hunt, I made sure to work hard on Sunday so I would be tired.
    Best part of the whole hunt for me is the first day it's actually season. Right before dawn, your set up on a roost and the first gobble of the season goes off in the dark. Man you could see my partners grin in the dark through his facemask.:lol:

4. jackbob42

jackbob42

I don't know what it is either.
    But , one thing I do know....
    I know why them turkeys shock-gobble.
    When I hear that first one go off in the morning , it almost makes me shock-gobble (yell) right back at them ! :yikes: