Common practice?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by aacosta, Nov 17, 2020.

1. monkman

monkman

That looks like some third world country shop there. At the very least, put a tarp on the bottom.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1morebite likes this.
  2. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

Could be half the reason we are loosing hunter numbers, or were I guess. Some rookie drops his prized possession off at a dump like this. He gets home with some fresh venison a few days later. Cooks up a special meal for his wife, and it taste like you just licked a tarsal gland and bigfoots d*ck at the same time. She puts a kiebosch to the hunting.
    After the shot and until its in the freezer I treat my deer like its a hole bunch of $150 dollar steaks covered in hair.

3. MoreHuntingPls

MoreHuntingPls

Crazy to see. I take mine to DJ’s meats in white lake - 40 min drive. Can’t say enough about the quality and kindness of the people. Family owned. Wife daughters sons cousins all working together. Great process. One deer at a time with your paperwork dropped off. Trim out much of not all silver skin. And make some fire snack sticks. Best I’ve ever had... absolutely can’t say enough good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Sprytle, ckosal, bowhunter426 and 2 others like this.
  4. 1morebite

1morebite

This is our meat prepared for burger, notice how little silver skin or fat in it. IMG_20151024_193823157.jpg

5. CDN1

CDN1

Gotta say.. horrible way to treat the most expensive meat on the planet. Think about the price per lb (week off work, tree stands, guns, bullets, new camo gear etc.) if that is the only place you can get your deer butchered. May as well not bother pulling the trigger. let the deer run to another hunter that at least respects the animal and themselves enough to treat their food better than that. I'd risk divorce and piss off my wife by cutting my deer on my kitchen counter before I'd ever leave my deer in that pile.

6. protectionisamust

protectionisamust

Looks good! Here is my steaks home processed. Same as yours, no silver in the grind bowl. You get so much better quality when doing things your own way. To me, processing is part of the hunt.
    20171120_114615.jpg

7. CDN1

CDN1

I like the looks of your meat :bouncy: nice work.

8. Northriver Rabbit

Northriver Rabbit

The last Deer I had processed was at that place almost positive. Never again if I can’t take care of it myself I don’t shoot. Processing to me is just another enjoyable part of the hunt. You always know what you end up with. Yes it takes time just did two today but it is very satisfying.

9. Milosh

Milosh

BC9DB3A9-5254-475A-AE0C-63F6372A6839.png
    Well compare this picture to OP’s.

Whitetail1 and snortwheeze like this.
  10. Northriver Rabbit

Northriver Rabbit

Wrong place oops. But there is one very similar in color and setup that does the same thing not terribly far from me. Don’t know how you even feel good putting it on the pile and expecting your deer back.

11. mrcheese

mrcheese

A few years ago I went to drop one off in Bay County and they had a pile just like that in the side parking lot. I kept driving. The place is no longer in business.

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman

12. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Looked up the place and they surprisingly have good reviews. The place by me that has piled up deer has terrible Google and Facebook reviews

Scandiacus likes this.
  13. bobberbill

bobberbill

In defense, a bunch coming in at the same time. A couple good skinners could have that pile cleaned up pretty quick.

Whitetail1 likes this.
  14. CDN1

CDN1

We all should try to feel for the processors, so many deer coming in at the same time. But they need to find a better way than that to handle the influx. the optics look pretty bad.

protectionisamust and bobberbill like this.
  15. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Would never feel bad for them if that's how they treated them. If you can't handle the #s coming in then have a cut off. No excuse for that.

I used to do my own so did my brothers. Until we found some people that clean ours well and you get your deer and ALL of your deer back. All my buddy's go to them as well. Most if not all my buddy's, brothers, and cousins can't believe the amount of meat we get back. 78-83$ with bacon added in my burger ;) sold!