1. detroitriverjigger

detroitriverjigger

Heading over to Brooklyn to visit family this weekend and bringing th boat. Have access to fish Columbia as th wife's family lives right on the water. Looking for some walleye reports. Caught the good in the summer but wondering about spring. They spawned yet? Shallow ??? Deep??? Jig??? Troll?? Cast cranks??? Pitch jigs??? Any info is highly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

pm me

3. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

Curiously I clicked on this thread wondering about Columbia. Did a little research and I see it is a completely private lake. A little more digging and I see the DNR stocks walleye in it. Sorry to derail your thread and I hope jacktownhooker gave you the info you were looking for, but I have to say it absolutely sickens me that our DNR takes our fish whether it be walleye, bluegill, etc. and plants them in a private lake. After a little more digging I found a private stocking of public waters permit (find below) but am having a hard time finding anywhere that states a private lake may be stocked. I just don't understand how the DNR can take the publics fish and presumably sell them to the private.

garyb likes this.
  4. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

dnr does not stock in private waters they just ok it, they have been planting lately, grand river , devils, and portage lake

5. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

Well its in the DNR fish stocking database which would make one think that the DNR planted them. I still don't understand it though. So they buy them from some "hatchery" that gets there fish from where? Do they shock and milk them like the DNR? Out of public water? I guess it's a useless post no different than our Lake Erie and Saginaw Bay members complaining about commercial fisherman.

6. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

yes buy from a wholesaler that gets them from a hatchery. and DNR does not show every or all plantings from private lakes, I know because I have land on 3 private lakes and get the stocking reports from Associations.