Cold feet in bunny boots.

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by wildcoy73, Nov 3, 2014.

1. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Ok what am I doing wrong?
    I tried smart wool socks and still cold feet. I am thinking of going with a light sock for the walk in, ans than putting on a wool sock when I get into the stand.
    What have you guys found that keeps your feet warm for an all day sit?

2. U D

U D

A heater.

3. ruger 454

ruger 454

Don't tie your boots tight, if I am wearing pac boots they don't get tied at all. You're feet need to breathe/exchange the swampy air.

4. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Not an issue they dont come with ling enough lace tie tight

5. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

State land hunter and trying to put one on my bow stand would be tight at best. I like the old feel for rifle. A built up ground blind and the elements to deal with.

6. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

If so do like I said in a couple of other threads.

Go to a podiatrist and get some formalin solution. Apply it as directed and it should stop the sweating. DRY feet should make for warm feet.

7. alex-v

alex-v

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that most of us with cold feet problems cause it because our socks and boots are to small.

Not only do our feet like a bit of air circulation but that air gets trapped and acts as an insulation layer.

Buy boots at least one size larger than your normal shoe size. That leaves room for that extra layer or two of heavy socks. Down side is that these boots might not fit right without those socks and could be uncomfortable without the socks.

Like "ruger 454" says, do not tie the boots tight. When you do this you cut the circulation to your feet and without that flow of blood your toes and then the entire foot will get cold. That is why a boot size one larger than normal really helps.

ridgewalker likes this.
  8. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Get your feet off of the cold stand. Use a board or something to add space. I use one ice fishing and it works great there too.

9. Waif

Waif

Insulation. Depends on room but thick wool is great under your sock. Need room to wiggle toes and have airspace around foot. Current cold weather boot is a knee high snowmobile wool felt lined one. A warm shin seems to help.
    Wool absorbs sweat and can insulate when wet to a point. Used to find thick wool inserts similar to bottom of snowmobile felt liners. They worked well in chore boots.
    Dried between uses and they were good to go.

10. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Lots of good advice! Having dry feet with available circulation is paramount but if all else fails.....

[​IMG]

Get yourself some boot blankets! :D

11. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

That boards still pretty cheap. Let me know if you want a picture.

12. U D

U D

Denatured alcohol in a metal coffee can. Half a roll of unscented toilet paper for a wick. Hang this on a chain under your stand. Caution open flame!!!

13. Junior Mint

Junior Mint

I religiously use my boot drier but was still having problems...then I discovered that my socks actually sweat like a cold beer on a hot day. My boots would be warm (> 98 deg) and dry from the boot drier, but my socks were typically cold (stored in bag in pickup 40 deg)..when I put the two together I end up with wet feet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

14. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Have carpet on the stand. First sit with the bunny boots. Think I may have sweated the feet on the way in.
    Bought some new wool socks. Not as tight as the smart wool. And going to go thin socks for the walk, and switch to wool after sitting down and cooling down.
    Thanks will try about every thing.
    Seems they only get cold hunting. Im good all day on the ice.

15. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Also breaking down and buying a set of camos for winter time.