close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

I would rather see more perch out of Lexington and sanilac. The walleye are there throughout summer but more perch would be nice. The spring fishery out of Lexington and sanilac is so hit and miss anymore for kings and coho wouldn't waste my time. It's too bad there isn't any natural reproduction of the returning kings in Rodger city. The heavy plants of Atlantics don't interest me because they seem to be so elusive. But the best Atlantic report I have seen so far is the most recent one out of one of those harbors.

Bay BornNRaised likes this.
  2. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

Then you’re not paying attention. The Au Sable river had a good return, and they are still getting them. A guide recently posted a pic of three Atlantic salmon in one day from there, on streamers. Also, a river to the north has turned out to be a sleeper for them, with strong returns out of every plant so far. The Thumb plants have been successful as well. Sounds like you don’t want to work to figure them out, and instead give up before you even try.

3. MapleRiverSalmon

MapleRiverSalmon

You haven't been looking very hard for Atlantics than! They have been a great asset to the fall fishing in the north east. Great biters pre spawn and post. Also a lot more wild kings and coho around than you would think.... I can't speak for the south part of the lake but I know the big water guys down that way did a good job finding them. Atlantics that is.

We catch cohos on and off and for a fish that isn't stocked they actually show up a lot! Wish they would just give us a supplemental plant in a few tributaries that have good natural reproduction. That would be awesome!

4. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised

You Da man AS! As said before only a select few agree with you and the rest of us are to lazy, incompetent, have way less knowledge to you superior few lol. All we can do is keep trying, right. Good luck

5. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

Whatever you say, Fishmaster. Just because you don’t know, doesn’t mean it doesn't happen.

Makes no sense when multiple people are having success on the East side, yet there are always naysayers doubting the fishery. Believe what you want.

6. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised

Another post with wrong assumptions. Best part of your post " Believe what you want". Which we are all entitled to are own beliefs and opinions! Good luck and keep up with your Excellent success with the silver fishing on the Eastside! Seriously I am wishing you and all others Good luck.

7. Ausable_Drifter

Ausable_Drifter

Only thing that stopped me from catching Atlantics this year was hunting season........

MapleRiverSalmon likes this.
  8. MapleRiverSalmon

MapleRiverSalmon

So Bay born, are you saying no one is catching any silver fish in the north east? I'm trying to make sense of your hyjacked rant but I'm unclear of your implications? What knowledge do you have to support this? I myself have caught over a hundred steelhead this fall, cohos, kings, browns, Atlantics... I have been skunked 0 times! I caught kings out of my boat in tawas this summer along with plenty of other chrome? I'm confused? Do you fish for steelhead? Did you drift skein at the river mouths in early sept when kings made there first push? If so then we met and I'm sorry if you struck out! If not I guess get bent out of shape then...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:39 PM
  9. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised

My post stated what I said, only a select few seem to be catching silvers in low numbers at that. I am not going rounds with who has more time spent fishing lake huron for silver fish. Like beating a dead horse. Nope never met and I can honestly say probably wouldnt get along anyways! As to your comment "Get bent" very sportsmen like... Uncalled for at that, so I will take the high road Not the High banks lmfao. Good luck with your efforts on chasing them silvers!

10. TheBootDryer

TheBootDryer

I don't know why people doubt it, I don't mean to sound like a bragger but I stick up for my fishery, lol this fall I've caught over 100 steelhead, plenty of Atlantic's and kings and cohos and browns as well