CO reimberses process cost on CWD positive deer

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by FREEPOP, Oct 17, 2019.

1. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

Interesting that they reimberse processing costs if the animal tests positive

https://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/ResearchCWD-Submission.aspx

What happens if my animal tests positive?

Hunters whose animals test positive will be contacted.

A CPW representative will try to reach you by email, mail, and phone to deliver the news regarding your CWD positive test result. This representative will also assist you with the reimbursement process.

In order to be eligible for a processing refund, hunters will be required to submit the following:

1. A copy of your hunting license, showing your CID number

2. CWD head tag, given to you a er your CWD submission

3. Proof of payment:
    • Credit card receipt

• Front & back of canceled check

• Receipt showing cash payment

• Itemized Invoice (If processor has one)

• A handwritten note with the tools you used (If self-processed)
    Disease in humans resulting from CWD exposure has not been reported to date. However, there may be a small risk from eating meat from infected animals. Consequently, public health officials recommend that people avoid exposure to CWD-infected animals.

motdean likes this.
  2. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

On one hand if they state wants to claim the deer as their own then fine, reimburse. On the other, no one forced anyone to hunt. Take some responsibility. On the 3rd hand, that's a portion of my tag purchase going to reimburse and I think that money could be used better else where.

2/3 nays win.

3. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

At the price of non-resident tags, they aren't loosing any revenue

4. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

Never bought an out of state tag have you? A NR coming to michigan to hunt can do it quite reasonably compared to the destination big buck states. On top of that, Michigan is not a destination Deer hunting state.

5. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Hard to believe anyone would come here to hunt deer. Fish, absolutely.

Soignie and eye-sore like this.
  6. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer Premium Member

My nephew came up from S Carolina years back to hunt deer ...he had been told of the giant bucks we had here in Michigan ...their bucks tend to have nice racks but smallish bodies .I told him we had a few nice ones but not to expect to bag a big one .He had access to a 200 acre piece of land my wife's uncle owned near Ada Mi. that rarely got hunted .He passed a few 4 &6's but on his 3rd day walking a 2 track through a mature hardwoods a buck got up 50 yards from him and stood there ...it was nice so he shot it .He called me all excited to come see his deer and my jaw dropped when i seen it .The processor scaled it at over 250# field dressed .It was an 8 pt with lots of mass and a 20 inch spread .I have only ever seen one deer bigger in all my years that was taken near Traverse City .

sureshot006 and kisherfisher like this.
  7. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

Yes, I've bought non-resident in Colorado. They were reasonably priced for many years but started jumping up around 2000.

8. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

Yeah seems like everything jumped around that time. It would be cheaper for a NR to hunt Michigan now than what I paid to hunt Iowa in 2011.

FREEPOP likes this.
  9. eye-sore

eye-sore

Uh oh are hunter numbers dropping?