Christmas Meal

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by eggfly, Dec 18, 2019.

1. eggfly

eggfly

With Christmas next Wednesday, what is everyone planning for a meal?

This year, I will be grilling several pork center loins. In addition, we will be having mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, and deviled eggs.

jstfish48162, Oldgrandman and BILC like this.
  2. tincanary

tincanary

This year will only be me, my wife, and my in-laws. I'm going to be doing pan seared arctic char, filet mignon, redskin potatoes, and steamed asparagus. Dessert is going to be a caramel apple custard pie courtesy of my wife.

3. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

I'm smoking a Red Stag Frenched crown roast.

jstfish48162, Bomba, BILC and 2 others like this.
  4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Standing rib roast with all the fixings.

5. eggfly

eggfly

We thought about doing the same meal but that’s what I’ve cooked the previous 2 Christmas’. Plus it is not my father in law’s favorite cut of meat; he says it’s to fatty and not cooked to the point of being a hockey puck.

sureshot006 and BILC like this.
  6. lazyike

lazyike

Prime Rib, scalloped potatoes, couple different vegetables, wifes' fresh baked rolls, the usual condiments (pickled beets, home canned pickles, olives ,etc.) assorted pies and cakes. We'll be nibbling on homemade banana bread, prune bread and who knows how many different kinds of cookies all day. Usually have dinner about 6 PM.

Usually have bacon, hash brown casserole, fancy french toast and eggs for brunch about 10 AM after gifts.

We get to live off the left-overs for several days after (chili made from left-over prime rib is some of the best chili you'll ever have.)

7. BILC

BILC

Whatever my 87 year old mother cooks. We will be bringing cheezy potatoes and vegtables. It will be a house full. This will be the first time in 3 years that my wife and I's children will all be here and together. Looking foward to that. The food will be good but that is secondary to having us all together. Wishing everyone on this site a merry and blessed Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  8. Rainman68

Rainman68

Can of Hormel chili or maybe Dinty Moore stew heated on the Coleman single burner in the spearing shack. Quietest day to be on the ice. Celebrated Xmas the week after Turkey day before the parents went to FL.

9. bobberbill

bobberbill

Plan on going to our kids' for Christmas. They eat box food. Not normally a culinary experience unless my wife or I cook something.

Scout 2, Oldgrandman and eggfly like this.
  10. At Moms we will be Smoking a fresh ham glazed with a mustard rub. Homemade gnocchi's covered with either family made red sauce or homemade basil pesto, seared venison with a red wine butter au jus, Italian sausage with roasted peppers/potatoes/turnips. garden grown seared green beans, homemade egg bread, antipasto salad.
    i am sure more because someone usually in the family always brings a surprise wild-game, smoked meat and or Italian dish or two that is outstanding.
    Lots of libations including outstanding wine and most importantly ceegars for after dinner. i will finish the night at home cracking open a bottle of Bourbon and sipping life's pleasures in front of a fire watching a good movie with my wife. Merry Christmas All

11. whitetail&walleye

whitetail&walleye

Dang

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Sin_X

Sin_X

Having a simple finger food type dinner at the middle son's house Christmas Eve, so Christmas dinner will be just the girlfriend and myself. So I'm cooking a small prime rib and crab legs.

13. Cpt.Chaos

Cpt.Chaos

Breakfast at my in-laws, I’m doing the prep & cooking;

Goat cheese w/blueberry sauce on toast points, scramble eggs w/smoked Gouda, applewood bacon, sliced melons and for breakfast dessert raspberry whipped into cream and sweetened ricotta cheese crepes. Served with mimosas and coffee.

eggfly likes this.
  14. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Lol I think he might be a friend of mine

eggfly likes this.
  15. Mike da Carpenter

Mike da Carpenter

Smoking spare ribs while our oldest is at work cleaning out the kennels. Christmas is going to be different this year, hope the wife transitions easily.

Josh R, Oldgrandman and eggfly like this.