Chicken shi! For fertilizer

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Fishindeer, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

1. plugger

plugger Premium Member

When my son was in high school he used to have trouble at his Grampa's farm with an individual trespassing by crawling in along the line fence. One year he got a spreader full of sheep **** and spread a band along the line fence the evening before opening. He didn't see the normally offending individual but that night I got a belligerent call from said hunter. He came crawling on his hands and knees till he found himself in a pile of organic fertilizer.

2. Fishindeer

Fishindeer

Yes I opened my tailgate Friday away from the farm and the stink was trapped inside. Left tonneau cover open for the 2hr ride home boots in back could smell it in my garage last night. Maybe a good cover scent for this farm. I know the deer know where it came from.

3. Fishindeer

Fishindeer

Not sure where he gets it but to my knowledge he just farms for his dairy cows. So maybe buys or trades for it? He produces organic milk so I’ve been told only elnatural fertilizer is used. Big business nowadays on milk production. Not many little guys anymore. Grandpa was a milk hauler went from farm to farm picking up small amounts at each place. Then deliver it to a Detroit dairy. Got to tag along a lot. Not sure if that exists much now. What I’ve seen in the thumb is go big or don’t go.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 9:39 AM
    CHASINEYES and Luv2hunteup like this.
  4. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

I had a grandfather that used to haul milk when it was stored at the farms in the old metal milk cans. Big arms. Our hauler hooked up a hose to the 800 - 1000 refrigerated stainless tank.

It is go big or go home now. Big keeps moving higher.

Fishindeer likes this.
  5. Fishindeer

Fishindeer

That’s how he did it too. Was a milk hauler for probably close to 50 years ,retired in the late 70’s with two trucks one my uncle would run then meet the other and transfer to larger truck. They would take turns transporting to Detroit dairy. Uncle wasn’t interested in a 365 day per year job anymore when grandpa retired.

6. Jiw275

Jiw275

So that is where we get chocolate milk.

TheSteelDeal and Fishindeer like this.
  7. Raf

Raf

I will say that when I was hunting and boots were full of chicken crap and the fields stunk I did not get busted I had deer directly downwind that stopped to smell but did not start blowing or take off like I would normally see

8. TheSteelDeal

TheSteelDeal Premium Member

A poultry farmer

multibeard and Liver and Onions like this.
  9. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

That would be the obvious answer. I have just never seen a poultry farm in the thumb. Not that big of a deal.

10. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

The trespasser called you to bitch about what he got into while trespassing? Lmao, that is priceless.

11. plugger

plugger Premium Member

He called me a dirty, dirty #astard. He had done this for years, he worked a corner of four different properties. He had always told the other neighbors he had permission from one of the others. He had family in the area and hunted out there for years.

Fishindeer, jiggin is livin and Waif like this.
  12. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Chicken S is bad but nothing compares to turkey S. When I lived in Allegan County they raise turkeys in big barns 3 miles west of me. When they cleaned them out which was only a couple times a year it was so strong that I could smell at my house. The guy cleaning out the barns had to wear oxy mask and he had a full face mask like they use for painting when using a hardner

Fishindeer and sureshot006 like this.
  13. TheSteelDeal

TheSteelDeal Premium Member

And that’s why I eat steak on Thanksgiving!

Scout 2 and TheCrawdad like this.