close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chestnut Hill Tree Order

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by thetreestandguy, Feb 10, 2017.

1. wildthing

wildthing

May not be as pretty as Honolulu Blue...but the Super Bowl rings kinda take the edge off. :D

hk_sl8, jr28schalm and sniper like this.
  2. sniper

sniper

Hey I didn't say I was a lions slappy either let's get that straight!...lol...Those Packer rings do trump their team colors though..

jr28schalm and wildthing like this.

3. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

Somebody found this and emailed me, figured I ought to bump it. Time is running short if anyone's interested.

4. sniper

sniper

I'm in with an order already Jack, thanks again for taking the reigns on this...

5. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

My pleasure. Planted a few hundred spruces in the last 24 hours, it's game time!

MIoutdoorsjunkie and sniper like this.
  6. MIoutdoorsjunkie

MIoutdoorsjunkie Premium Member

Although I didn't place an order I can appreciate what Jack is doing for the rest of the group! Thanks Jack.. I will definitely be placing one next spring!

7. sniper

sniper

Hi Jack, any idea on a delivery date yet for the trees..???
    Just trying to plan some work days here...Thanx

8. adoROMO

adoROMO

Last year I got my chestnut hill order the third week of April. They emailed me on the previous Monday, nothing here yet as far as an email from them. I'm about to call them.

9. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

I'm afraid it's too early to tell yet Sniper. The only way this works (with the good pricing and shipping) is that we piggy-back off Walmart. They put our order on a semi bound for nearby stores so it's totally dependent on when they start getting their trees. This is all dictated by weather, they try very hard to ship after there is a minimal chance of frost as they will all be leafed out upon arrival and susceptible to damaging cold.

The trees I take to shows are stored in a cool, darker room in my house. They have all budded out, some nearing 5" of new growth, but I've been too nervous to put them outside to acclimate to the weather. Just too cold and that darn ice rain would've been really hard on them!

Rest assured that the moment I hear anything I'll be shooting out an email to all that have ordered. I get it though, it's that time of year and we're all getting anxious to play in the dirt!

10. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

Well I'll be darned if they didn't just call! Turns out a load is coming in for Rural King and they want to include us with it, trailer will be packed sometime next week. This is too early in terms of the weather and makes me nervous. As always I'll keep folks in the loop so they can get picked up post-haste, don't want any cold damage happening to them!

sniper likes this.
  11. adoROMO

adoROMO

Mine are being shipped on the 30th, will have them May 4th. You can call and get a direct answer.

12. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

A little more complicated gig than first glance adoromo. I've got multiple pallets of 50 trees coming in on a semi for a bunch of people in the area. When I was chatting with the nursery owner in January he made it sound like other than the big box stores he sells to that we're collectively his biggest annual customer. If next years order is a similar quantity it'll be around 1,000 trees since I started doing this a few years back. Dang, just looked over the numbers to confirm, hard for me to wrap my brain around!

jr28schalm and adoROMO like this.
  13. adoROMO

adoROMO

Very cool! Glad that I found this! I would maybe be interested in helping the numbers. I buy 25 trees a year on my own.. would be nice to maybe help the number?...

14. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

The more the merrier! Shoot me an email and I'll reply with this years information. Prices haven't changed in a while, never know about the next year but it'll give you an idea of cost at least.