close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cheboygan Man Fines DNR

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by Luv2hunteup, Jan 9, 2018.

1. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I dont think you are getting the point at all here. He is trying to say nobody walked all over anyone. There was an honest mistake that the employees had no intention of making. They took the signs down as soon as they found out

Forest Meister and deepwoods like this.
  2. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

???? How is this relevant at all to the story posted in this thread?

3. miruss

miruss

How the Hell did we go from 2 nail holes holding a sign up !! (Are they even nailed up or do they use staples that might not even go thru the bark) To a kid swinging a MACHETE slicing them up!! You belong in the POLITICAL FORUM and the DEER MANAGEMENT FORUM that's the only place i've seen this much sh@t thrown out there!

4. 78CJ

78CJ

You have rights as a landowner, my point is that he is being shamed/ridiculed for standing up for his just because the DNR "made a mistake". The dollar amount is moot. Not throwing s***, and I don't know the guy. The DNR should have steps in place for this to not happen, could end badly.

5. Nostromo

Nostromo

How?

6. 78CJ

78CJ

Several years ago we had an incident here where guns were being sighted in, some folks had been previously given permission to trap on the same land by the land owner. One shot missed the backstop and struck one of the trappers. He survived.
    Who is responsible if this same scenario played out on mis-represented HAP land?

7. The Rev.

The Rev.

The one who fired the shot, rule of gun safety is to be aware of your target and what is beyond it

8. 78CJ

78CJ

BINGO!

9. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Please share a link to the story.

Liver and Onions likes this.
  10. deepwoods

deepwoods Premium Member

What am I missing? The signs were put up, a mistake acknowledged, and the signs were taken down. What damage has been suffered by this gentleman? Or is it as I mentioned earlier him just trying to prove a point? Seems like much to do about nothing. I suspect there is more to the story. Can't stand his neighbor. Has an issue with the DNR maybe?

11. zig

zig

Some years ago I had an old man slip off the road in bad weather, into my yard, messed up some grass, and hit my limestone wall. He felt terrible. It was a mistake on his part. I thought about suing him for $1M for damages and emotional distress. Instead, I threw some grass seed on it and put the wall back together. I guess I could have got him for the 45 minutes it took me, but nah.

12. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

Hacking up my trees with a machete is on a completely different level from nailing some signs into them. A few nails in a tree will heal. Moreover, cherry trees are a cash crop, sounds like the trees on this guy's property were just forest trees.

I'd sue that kid, he's a private citizen. Unlike the DNR, he doesn't have governmental immunity from lawsuits. The kid did his act maliciously, the DNR did their's accidentally. Your hypothetical is in no way similar to this guy's beef with the DNR.

micooner and zig like this.
  13. micooner

micooner

November 15 2017. It's 1030 am. After an uneventful morning of not seeing my 10 point I've been seening on my cam everyday i seen the reason why. Stepping onto my cutover bean field was a tresspasser. He stepped out of my aunts adjacent corn field and took ten steps onto my ground. I hurried to my pickup all adrelined pumped up thinking what i was going to do to this low life, scum, pos. Getting in my truck i checked my 9mm making sure the clip was filled to capacity. Racing to the front of my 40 acres i seen the low life pos, scum pull out and then pull into the neighbors drive. Ill bet he has my ten in the back. Man my trigger finger was getting itchy. Maybe i can get 5000 from him. So i pull in and block him. So who was this scum,lowlife pos? After some aggresive interrogating and light waterboarding he confessed. He was a surveyor who was doing a survey for my aunt the day before and had lost a $1000 piece of equipment somewhere on aunties property. Depressed i had not caught a true scum, pos tresspasser i secured my nine mm but still maintaining hope that one day i might. Maybe even collecting five grand.

TriggerDiscipline and miruss like this.
  14. miruss

miruss

No he's being ridiculed for thinking he should get 5000$ for a couple signs that were put up ! I still havn't got a answer if they were nailed or stapled up All the hap signs i have seen were the little 3x3 size signs i can't picture them using nails for those only staples! I don't think those do any damage!

micooner and TriggerDiscipline like this.
  15. 78CJ

78CJ

Good thing you didn't shoot, given he was legally allowed to be on your land......