Cheating the draw

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Dzank, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Dzank

Dzank

Well, unfortunately it sounds like it did happen. I heard a few picks not pick in the 10-20 range at FP Tuesday and a couple not claim their good pick at NP Thursday. I thought it seemed a little odd. A guy in the draw overheard 3 guys discussing how each one of them had a card and they would throw the 2 lowest cards in the garbage. Apparently, it was addressed and now the names have to be on the cards before the draw happens. I dont know how its going at other properties, but I thought I would relay the information.

2kidshunting likes this.
  2. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

i emailed those in charge a way to solve the issue long before the season opened. The only place to adopt this method was Shiawassee. I am hearing now they are all adopting it...so will see.

3. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

Hardly any passed at FP yesterday so that's saying somethings working.

cruiseplanner1 likes this.
  4. Boyd

Boyd

Harsens had a couple parties try to get multiple cards this morning. Andy B’s and another party got caught by Jeff. Funny that when it happens nothing seems to happen though and the guys just walked away acting confused that the same guy in their truck already got the card. 117 parties for this AM draw. CO’s out almost everyday so far and hopefully will catch some of the violators.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5. Divers Down

Divers Down

6. Blacklabsmatter

Blacklabsmatter

It sure seemed like the parking lot should have been more full at Harsens for 117 parties. 5th pick was a scratch. I know that single hunters can pick any zone so there will be more of those. I hope they figure out how to catch the people taking advantage of the new system. I don’t think just writing names down on the card is going to cut it.

7. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

Yea, whats going to be the punishment for those getting caught?
    If nothing its going to happen all year..
    84 at FP today..Came home again.

8. Blacklabsmatter

Blacklabsmatter

I drew 46th yesterday at Harsens. Waaay too many scratches to make any sense. I was still able to get a spot that normally would have been gone by my turn to pick. I think there were 83 parties yesterday.

9. Urriah

Urriah

They caught several today that I know of.

If I remember right, there wasn't a scratch until a pick in the 30's? That's way later than a normal draw. I've been drawn in the 70's and still picked decent zones, especially on weekends with people that are scared to hunt the marsh.

BumpRacerX likes this.
  10. Blacklabsmatter

Blacklabsmatter

I’m glad they ar