Chapel lake Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland UP Lakes' started by Lucash321, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Lucash321

Lucash321

Has anyone tried fishing chapel lake in pictured rocks national lake shore? Or know if there’s anything worth fishing for in there? Made the hike to chapel falls a couple summers ago and was not pleased with the viewing points provided, so my buddy and I took a trek off the beaten path to get to the bottom of the falls. Ended up coming out at chapel lake. It was gorgeous, completely glass and totally remote. The slightest amount of beach around the edge just to stand close enough to the water and cast. I know I saw and heard a number of splashes from fish hitting the top unless someone was tossing rocks... There was also a canoe in the middle of the woods chained to a tree with a jerkbait sitting on it. Which made me wonder even more about this lake. Anyway, I read online that the southern end of the lake is almost 140 feet deep, and about 60 feet down the water gets very cold and has little oxygen. Don’t know if that would completely ruin the chance for anything big in there? Anyone know?

2. tda513

tda513

I thought I heard once that they stocked trout in Chapel, but I couldn't find anything confirming that. Some of the other lakes in the area can be good fishing for pike and Smallmouth. I have caught several nice smallmouth shore fishing on Grand Sable Lake.

3. shametamer

shametamer

Best to mail or call Marquette DNR office..ask/attention fisheries division