chain anchor vs pyramid anchor

Discussion in 'South West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by miknad, May 14, 2018.

1. miknad

miknad

pros and cons

2. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

Pyramid grabs quicker, chain will slide. I run both as I like to sometimes lift up and slowly back down a hole or run and work it slowly without having to pull anchor and RE set

3. Fishndude

Fishndude

If you drop a pyramid anchor into a big ole pile of logs, you might have quite the challenge getting it back out. With chain, you can simply motor upstream, and pull on the anchor line, and the (chain) anchor will come right out. Or just pull on the anchor line - chain usually slides right out of bad places.

Sparky23 likes this.
  4. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

big lakes, n places like drummond island, a danforth(with chain), small lakes, with soft bottom, a window weight about 10# river's, i like chain (if i don't know where i'm going) lead (pyramid) anchor if i do....those r what i like, if i gotum, if not a brick or a bag of rocks, will do

5. miknad

miknad

6. slowpaya

slowpaya Premium Member

use my pyramid in faster spring and fall flows/chain in summer time just cause I don't want to take a chance losing the pyramid,so I switch em