Centerpin rod building question

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by Scott501, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Scott501

Scott501

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding building a centerpin rod. I was wondering if any rod builders here could point me in the right direction for guide spacing for a 11'6" blank and a 13' blank. I have a rainshadow XST 1562F 6-10# and a rainshadow IMMCP116M-2 6-12#. I plan on using Alps titanium high frame guides from size 20 down to size 8. I haven't done any centerpinning before so I thought it would be fun to build a couple to give it a try. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

2. 101thwacK

101thwacK

3. 101thwacK

101thwacK

To find Rainshadow guide spacing charts go to their website and go to the page for which ever blank you are using. Then click the blueprint tab (see below).

upload_2020-2-3_19-14-14.png

Was this what you were looking for?

PunyTrout likes this.
  4. Scott501

Scott501

Thanks for the help.

101thwacK likes this.
  5. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

My only added suggestion, use the spacing as a starting point but definitely perform a static test to make sure it looks good and doesn’t need any minor movements. Every blank manufactured has its own “fingerprint” from natural manufacturing variation. Couple that with the type of guides you are using (frame height, ring size) versus the ones used when they developed the spacing, and the suggested spacing on their site may not be the most perfect.

eggfly and salmonsteel97 like this.
  6. wyandot

wyandot

Some of Batson's guide spacing is less than desirable in my opinion. I've built quite a few rods on both of those blanks. If you can wait a few days, I'll send you some spacing that will work well for you.

salmonsteel97 likes this.
  7. Scott501

Scott501

That would be great. Thanks.

8. Benzie Rover

Benzie Rover

Mudhole has a downloadable PDF with centerpin spacing charts for the steelhead/salmon blanks. Look under their resources tab on their homepage.

9. wyandot

wyandot