CDW, what if gets worse

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Raider_03, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

2. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

I'm not implying anything. Stats would say it's not coincidental. No clue here tho on how it happened.? I will leave that part to the experts...

3. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

No... stats would say it IS a coincidence because there are not a lot of other cases where unrelated groups of people got parkinsons from working together. If people literally got parkinsons from MJF because it can truly be transmitted that way, why doesnt it happen all around the world?

4. swampbuck

swampbuck

I read a report, That said that most people who died from these degenerative diseases, are classified as natural death. And are not autopsied.

Could be they don't find it, because their not looking

5. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

You don't make any sense...

6. sureshot006

I absolutely make sense. Though I understand why it is confusing (its counter intuitive to the way you're thinking about it).

How many other instances around the globe do 4 people working in a group get diagnosed with Parkinson's? Exceedingly rare, right?

Think about the statistical bell curve... the ends of the curve never go to zero probability. The tips of the curve are extremely low probability, like winning the lotto. It is entirely possible for several people around MJF to get Parkinson's disease with zero influence from him.

Similar to Parkinson's ...as an example... just because a couple people that go to church together win a million in the lotto doesn't mean there is a statistical relationship beyond the fact that the people beat the terrible odds. It can happen but that doesnt mean their relationship or proximity to each other have anything at all to do with it.

There have been a lot of studies on Parkinsons. None suggest it is contagious.

DirtySteve and mbrewer like this.
  7. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

Read the article - was like 4 people. There are other pocket groups also. Might be some toxin it says in article.

8. sureshot006

I did. It was 4 including MJF.

They say it might be toxins, illnesses, genetics, etc... or completely random chance. they do not know. And they say the odds of 4 in the 125 working together having it is less than 1 in 1000. Which actually isn't that rare when you consider groups around the country and the world. It also says there are other clusters but they could also be random chance. There are people that want to study the clusters but nothing has really been done and definitely not conclusive. The article has a lot of maybe this maybe that...guesses with no substance.

9. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

If they had substance - they would know what causes it, & might be able to figure out a cure, or how to prevent it.

sureshot006 likes this.
  10. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

Very valid point. For sure happens in the older age groups I would guess.

11. sureshot006

Right. Just saying the fact that 4 people in 125 having it is not really that abnormal in the big picture. So far they've got nothing to go on but theories to investigate.

12. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

Coincidence, I don't know. However in the last few days I received an informative article that some scientists are starting to believe that Parkinson's is contagious. I have heard that it is in family units (I have an aunt on my father's side that had it.) but this contagious idea is new to me. Toxins and injuries have long been known as causes. I do believe that Parkinson's is a family of diseases and is not just one disease. My mom had Alzheimer's and it has long been claimed that Alzheimer's and Parkinson's are sister diseases. (I have had Parkinson's for 15 years-at least.)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  13. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

BTW the bulk of the research seems to be focusing on stopping the loss of the brain cells that produce dopamine. There is more money in knowing how to stop or control a disease than there is in knowing the cause or all of the causes. That has been one of my claims for dealing with CWD. In this regard symptoms and disease become one.