CDC will vote this week

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by baseballdad, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Petronius

Petronius Premium Member

She might be able to file a lawsuit because of the mask issue. The company might settle because it wouldn't want the bad publicity this type of suit would bring. She could make a big stink about it to the news media. Especially since the company COVID cases.

sureshot006 likes this.
  2. stickman1978

stickman1978

The company is based in Wisconsin. She did speak with a lawyer and decided not to pursue it. They gave her 3 month severance package. Some of her friends that still work there told her they have since reported it to OSHA. Don't know if anything has become of it.

She was let go in May.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020

3. Tom (mich)

Tom (mich) Premium Member

Said no one, ever.

4. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Severance pacakges are where they get you. When you accept the severance at my company you waive the right for lawsuit. I am sure a good lawyer might be able to get past that contract but it certainly makes it alot tougher. When you are being shown the door it is tough to turn down the money. My company offers decent severance but they spent 3 yrs thinning out people over 50. The even told us they were trying to get younger.....but when they sent those 50+ year old worker packing they gave them 7 months severance.

sureshot006 likes this.
  5. stickman1978

stickman1978

That is the problem, hard to fight a billionaire. They lost a good employee.

6. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

Not a hard decision. Maybe for some..... 3-7 month severance package is a JOKE. MY world still turns the rest of the months/year...Good luck with the "Younger" work force. Experience will out do young lazy azz any day.

Scout 2 likes this.
  7. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Many times severance is a bonus. Its easy for certain jobs to get a good severance and go work for another company in a week or 2 making just as much or more.

DirtySteve and stickman1978 like this.
  8. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

True. In this case... Does not sound like a "Bonus". Best of luck to her for Speaking up! Need lot more like her....

9. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Right. This scenario often involves living in an industrial type area or being mobile.

10. piketroller

piketroller

Back to the original topic of this thread.

If I had the ear of the people making the decisions on how to roll out the vaccine, I’d push for using big data to help guide the effort. Use all the cell phone location metadata to identify the people that are in close contact with the most other people. They get it first when it’s open to the general public and the rollout works it’s way down through the population in order of most likely to spread it based on contacts to least likely to spread it. The hermits that don’t leave home aren’t much of a threat anyway.

But before it gets to the general public, I’d group in with all the front line workers all the people that share a household with someone hospitalized with COVID. These people are going to need to be the caretakers of the sick after they get discharged, so in my book they are in the same group as healthcare workers; they just aren’t getting paid for it.

sureshot006 likes this.