Carpin' on the fly....

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by AWPREEFKEEPER, Feb 7, 2014.

1. AWPREEFKEEPER

AWPREEFKEEPER

Any chance you could start a section on this, I'm a big fan and would love to hear about others experience ;-)

I know there's sites out there but I like this local board :)

"Carpin before carpin was cool!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. goats

goats

I'm always looking for a like-minded golden bone chaser to fish with. I usually fish the LSC flats sight fishing for monsters in the knee deep clear water of the flats once the spawn is over.

3. HURONFLY

HURONFLY

There is a warm water fly fishing forum. I think it is missed by most because it is part of the tackle talk forum. You might want to try posting this there.

4. FishmastaZERO

FishmastaZERO

^^^^ lets see who can stick the most 15 + lber s this year :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

5. FishmastaZERO

FishmastaZERO

The carppro forum has some good stuff

6. Dave Ash

Dave Ash

Carp anglers group is a national club with alot of information on different forms of fishing carp in the USA.

7. Anish

Anish

I would love to see a sub forum on carp fishing in general. There see to be quite a few people on here who like to fish for them including myself.
    Good luck getting them to go for it though. Took me a LONG time to Get the Crayfish Trapping forum going, but between my persistence and fortunately some other members who helped push for it, we finally got it! :D

Good luck, keep asking and count me in for support! :D

8. FishmastaZERO

FishmastaZERO

Well lets complain till we get one :)

9. junkman

junkman

Really big carp on ultra lite tackle is about the most fun you can have while fishing.

10. Vicious Fishous

Vicious Fishous

I still enjoy my solitude carp fishing both fly and bait. Keep it quiet!!! ;-)
    Pete

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. Anish

Anish

Two forums I would really like to see on here are a carp fishing thread and a foraging thread. I think both of those would be great and bring in more people. Over the last month, there have been a few people sign up on here just for the crayfish trapping. I know a foraging thread would definitely bring people in. There really isn't anything on the net specifically for Michigan.

12. TSS Caddis

TSS Caddis

You don't want people to know about it? There are hundreds of boats zooming around Sag Bay every weekend bowfishing and filling up pickup beds to the top. It's not like increased angling pressure will ruin anything.

13. Vicious Fishous

Vicious Fishous

Correct. Lots of people SHOOT carp. More or less a joke for the guy who started this post, whom I'm friends with. I still enjoy solitude in the locations I carp fish with a rod and reel. I don't want the banks to look like salmon, trout, steelhead, walleye, etc. season. The more these fish are glorified, especially by fly fishing, the worse off it is for me, who has been carping alone or with friends without competition for spots or fish....way before it was cool. ;-)
    Pete

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. TSS Caddis

TSS Caddis

I don't think it will ever be a heavily pressured fishery. We were fly fishing for them 20+ years ago and still don't see anyone.