Carnivore Diet

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Lumberman, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

Gosh...it's so simple! Why didn't I think of that years ago!

2. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Yes I think the cravings and hunger are the main reasons these low carb diets work for people. Helps alleviate those feelings and allow you to resist more.

3. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Exactly.

All goes back to eating NATURAL foods. They promoted poison under the ruse of "fat is bad".

No, it isn't. Obviously moderation.

If you are going to eat it, use real butter, real fat, real oil. It isn't that hard to understand.

The whole food industry and what is "good" for us was built on lies for profit from big companies

4. triplelunger

triplelunger

It is gut wrenchingly simple!
    There is no excuse for being overweight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

M.Schmitz87 and jiggin is livin like this.
  5. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

I know, right?!

And there's no excuse for alcoholism and smoking, as if you don't buy it you can't drink or smoke it. Stop buying it, duh! That's what has kept me from alcoholism and nicotine addiction.

It just *might* be a little more complicated.

sureshot006, pescadero and Scout 2 like this.
  6. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

I think people drop a lot of water quick, (look prunish to me ), and then declare what a fabulous weight loss regimen they are following.g
    A lb of fat Contains 4,500 calories. In order to actually lose 1lb of fat, you have to either mechanically remove it, or live in a calorie deficit until you are short 4,500 calories.
    You can get there in a dozen different ways, but essentially it's all energy in, energy out o
    We are really just working on how we feel And how we perform in a calorie deficit Of some duration
    In my case I need to lose 30 lb but I only calorie deficit 4,500 a week That's about 750 calories per day.
    That's a lot of cycling, so it's Better accomplished at the plate Or the drive through window.
    I am adding a link for clarity.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/calories-in-a-pound-of-fat

sureshot006 likes this.
  7. sureshot006

Approx 3500 but I agree 100%. Weight loss is about calories in and calories out. Not about the specific food. The specific food is only a tool to get there. Overall health is another story and WHAT you eat impacts overall health for sure.

8. triplelunger

triplelunger

It might be harder to hear the truth than to actually get off your a$$ and do it!
    (I'm a very unsympathetic man)

9. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

I'll go all Pescidarian on you, and point out that the 3500/lb research has been revised upward to somewhere between 4100 and 4500 depending on molecular chain, fat type, and water content of a lb of body fat. Emerging technology making it even harder to lose weight.

sureshot006 likes this.
  10. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

:) It's that simple.

11. sureshot006

You're talking pure fat. People don't just lose pure fat.

12. ESS

ESS

For anyone interested. Look up Dr. Shawn Baker or Dr. Paul Saldino for info on the carnivore diet.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

13. sureshot006

Ah, the orthopedic guy promoting a diet with no research into the effects of the diet. Same guy who lost his medical license due to concerns over competency.

14. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

That’s probably the case for you. Believe it or not everyone is different. Just because something works for you doesn’t mean it works for me.

I counted calories for years. It was a couple waste. It wasn’t until I realized carbs is what drives my weight gain that I could really control it. Now it’s not an issue. But I also realize that’s not the case for everyone.

15. sureshot006

Eat 1200k cal per day including carbs and see what happens. If you are eating 4k, there is your problem. It isn't what you're eating it is how much of what... maybe you just don't know what your maintenance calories really are? The way to lose weight is calorie deficit. Period. It works for everyone.

Maybe what doesn't work for you is calorie restriction while having carbs because you are eating too much when you have them?