Carnivore Diet

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Lumberman, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

Carnivore Diet Benefits
    • Weight Loss. On an all-meat diet? ...
    • Better Heart Health. ...
    • Lower Inflammation. ...
    • Higher Testosterone. ...
    • Fewer Digestive Problems. ...
    • Increased Mental Clarity. ...
    • Simpler Dieting.

2. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

So, it works about like retirement.

Lumberman likes this.

3. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I draw the line at white rice. I tried making sushi rice with brown rice, but it just ain't the same. Plus you gotta add too much sugar to make it sticky.

4. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I mentioned it before, but has anyone looked into the genetic testing that tells you what YOU should eat? Kinda like @Nostromo mentioned, "diets" are best suited to the individual. Certain people need different things.

Seems interesting, but I never did it.

M.Schmitz87, Nostromo and Scout 2 like this.
  5. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

You might be on to something. The one thing all of those diets have in common is cutting out the things you mention above.

Maybe what you meant to say is you believe in all of them.

6. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Try to find scientific evidence any of that is true

7. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

Its all backed by science. The same epidemiology that you pull your science from.

Personally I think the health sciences are very very flawed so I pay little attention.

Just take a look at what science was recommending just a few years ago. We replaced olive oil and butter with vegetable oil and margarin. All under the idea of being healthy.

jiggin is livin likes this.
  8. sureshot006

Its kinda like beer is good for you in moderation... in some ways maybe yes. In the whole picture, it isn't. These diet things people get on are just mind f's to eat less calories. I honestly think you'd be better off just counting calories. It works without other negative health effects that are known.

Scout 2 likes this.
  9. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

Has anybody studies the Eskimos (Inuit, First Nations, whatever they're called nowadays) that live in the arctic circle? They don't have much choice but live on a low carb diet. Seals, whale fat, and caribou.

Personally it's been great for me. The less carbs I eat, the less I crave them. I actually still eat lots of veggies, not so much fruit, don't miss it much.

It's not something that somebody who's not struggled with weight their whole life would understand.

10. sureshot006

My wife watches that 600 lb life all the time. All the BS, excuses and lies are amazing. All stemming from what is basically addiction and lack of self control. You cannot gain weight by eating less calories than you burn. Its a fact just like it always has been. No new science, nothing changed. Certain diets just make that fact easier to achieve. If that's what it takes, I guess that's what you gotta do.

Edit I feel that may have come out sort of abrasive. Honestly didn't mean it that way but not sure how else to say it. Anyway, it's not like I'm changing anyone's mind.

11. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

That's all true. But I don't get addicted to caffeine, never had withdrawal or a headache when I stop. My son can start and stop nicotine without withdrawal.

If it takes a patch, gum, or prescription to stop, and it works...why not?

The same applies to food for some, and not so much for others. I had the same bad attitude toward low-carb till I tried it because nothing else was working, and I couldn't control the cravings and "withdrawal" and constantly feeling hungry.

Scout 2 and sureshot006 like this.
  12. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

I understand.
    Fueling my body, while living with Cancer is an all day every day thing for me.
    I consume anti oxidant vegetables and fruits all day long.
    The hard part is that berries effect blood sugar.

I can tell you that if you pay attention, your body is set up in an energy rhythm that determines when you crave food. Chart the times when you just feel dead.
    When you are sleepy, mid afternoon.
    For me, I have to back up 3 hrs from known energy lulls, and take in slow carbs, to avoid them.
    So, I bring a snack and drink for the commute home, and take in slow carbs at 1100 am to avoid the 2-3 o'clock sag.
    The last time I take in food is 800pm.
    Keeps the blood sugar flat until 500am.
    Pointless to lay in bed for 8 hrs with high blood sugar. It's destroying your nerves and capillaries while you sleep.

Once you get a picture in your mind of what a healthy portion is, it's easier to manage diet.
    Eating until you are full just gets progressively worse as your body stretches to accommodate the gorging.
    Humans evolved to gorge, sadly.

13. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

There's also a thing called "leptin resistance" which seems to be real and makes a lot of sense. As close to a food addiction as one can get.

sureshot006 likes this.
  14. triplelunger

triplelunger

Eat unprocessed food and less of it!
    Get regular (daily) exercise!
    Turn off the TV!
    Get a bird dog!

Scout 2 and sureshot006 like this.