Carnivore Diet

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Lumberman, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

Has anyone ventured into the carnivore diet? I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and its interesting to say the least. Anyone done it for more then a couple of months?

I have been cycling in and out of Keto/paleo for probably 10 years now. What's crystal clear for me is the fact Carbs/Sugar make me gain weight. Its as simple as that.

But.... Going all meat always seemed counter productive. With all the meat IS POISON campaigns by science. How can you possibly go all meat/fish/fat and lose weight and feel great.... Its crazy.

The humane nutritional system has to be one of he least understood things on this planet.

Except for Pescy. I'm sure he knows everything there is to know about nutrition.

2. Mike da Carpenter

Mike da Carpenter

When I eat just meat, fish, eggs and fats I do great, feel wonderful and sleep amazing well. Problem is sustaining that lifestyle, especially with a family that sits down to traditional meals as a family. It’s about finding that balance, but sadly that balance includes carbs which do absolutely nothing to promote a healthy lifestyle. Not to mention that’s not a fight worth having with my wife and kids.

I also tried being a vegetarian. That was the LONGEST meal I ever sat through.

3. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

I went on a modified carnivore diet a few years back. I shot two elk within a weeks time plus 4 deer the same year. 3 of the deer were give aways for friends that asked for some winter meat. I can’t say that I lost weight but sure ate well for a year.

4. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

There is only one diet regimen that has been shown to extend life.

And that is the ultra low calorie lifestyle.

I can’t say if all the while they are living longer, they wish they were dead, but it seems plausible. 1000 calories/day Would suck.

For myself, having all of my diet intakes go into my phone helps me to manage my health and weight.
    I don’t know anybody who’s been doing the all meat and fat all day thing that hasn’t ended up with cardiovascular problems. They lose weight certainly.

It’s great for diabetes, but it is bad for your heart.
    I have to take my weight down another 20 pounds to go along with my current set of treatments, so as much as it sucks, keeping track of what goes in every day is just a part of my life now.

The wife and I have been following, the Polland diet recommendations, which is eat Whole Foods, mostly plants, not too much. Our general health numbers are much improved.

5. M.Schmitz87

M.Schmitz87 Premium Member

I don’t know if you’re into podcasts or not. Joe Rogan was on the carnivore diet for a while and enjoyed it.
    Look up his experience, it’s very interesting.
    My question would be how long you can sustain a diet like that in society.
    That and the quality of the meat. Eating nothing but cheap, hormone filled and medicated meat doesn’t sound good.
    Eating venison and other organic raised meats might not be a bad thing.
    Good luck and let us know how it works out.

6. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

That is the best thing I can come up with, too.

Eat NATURAL foods. We prefer meat and fish that we catch, add in the obvious store bought seafood here and there.

Whole grains only, a lot of people miss understand that. A potato for instance, eat the skin and your body uses it totally different than without the skin. Whole carb would be more of what that is, but the same principle as whole grain.

Just staying away from processed foods and portioning everything.

If I eat more of something, it is meat. Generally.

7. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Just being mindful of what you're eating puts you in better health than probably 85% of the population.

Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect. I had fast food twice over the weekend while out of town for work. I still go out and get wings or a burger and fries with a few drinks. But the key is, it is a COUPLE times a month, max. That is more because I prefer to make most things myself, partly because it IS healthier and I can control what is it it. The other part is because I can make it the way we prefer it, which is generally "better".

Some things I can't match and just go out for. Lol

DanSS26 likes this.
  8. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Why do the low carb crap? Just eat less calories. Balanced

9. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

Again I'm not advocating for the carnivore diet. I'm simply amazed that it works at all. I am going to try and go for 3 months then switch back to full basically meat/eggs and vegetables with the majority of that coming from my Garden, Chickens, and Meat I source myself.

Sustaining any diet in society is tough. For me its actually fairly easy. I eat dinner with family and just lay off the sides. Then supplement with Bacon/Jerky/leftovers ect. We really don't eat out much so its not that big of a deal.

I've basically taken my lunch budget and use that to source quality meats. My family already realizes heavily on wild game and fish, a we purchase whole cows so that wasn't a huge change. (Eating out for lunch 5 days a week and trying to eat quality food is not cheap.)

Feet to the fire I think Whole foods is also the answer. Or at least a huge step in the right directions. I just think its fun to experiment. I was also vegetarian for 2 months. Which was interesting.

10. MEL

MEL Premium Member

Always love the newest diets craze. Keto diet, vegan diet, weight watchers, paleo diet, anyone remember the Scarsdale diet from like 40 years ago?

Eat more fresh veggies and fruits, Limit carbs, eat less red meat, fatty meat. Move.
    Move. Move.
    The wife and I started the above and cut 50% of our red meat intake. plus we try to walk two to three miles together per day. In addition to what we do at work. We are both down like 20 lbs since May or June.

....and forget the cookies, ice cream, cake, candy and pop. DoNot think that diet pop is any better Then regular.

11. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

Since a youth, I was borderline diabetic. Watching the carb intake works well, to maintaining weight.

12. sureshot006

I dont get how carbs are really different than other calories. Eat less calories than maintenance and you lose weight. Maybe its just "easier" to force yourself to eat less calories for the same volume of food?

6Speed likes this.
  13. pescadero

pescadero Premium Member

Processed carbs/sugar calories are the same - but because of the rapidity they dump sugar into the bloodstream can cause spiking/crashing of blood sugar levels which can lead to increased calorie intake.

14. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

You spelled it wrong..... Here's the diet you really want - The Carny Diet! :D

15. sureshot006

So the crash makes a person crave more food?