close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't find thread

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by greelhappy, Dec 6, 2017.

1. greelhappy

greelhappy

Read where Gills were caught in the Venetian Canal. Now I can't find it. What I wanted to ask the poster was if he launched at Metro State Park. Or is there another route to that area. Please help with any info. Thank you.

2. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Can launch at south river rd to get into venetian I believe Bernie. I need to chase some gills soon too. One more deer, which should happen soon...then it'll be shore fishing for gills , perch, crappie

gatorman841 likes this.

3. tog1

tog1

Its about the same distance either way

4. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Would cost you an arm and a leg to launch from Metro if you don't have the yearly pass for vehicle and boat. Where as Harley launch is a DNR launch.

Any of the deeper canals and marinas should have panfish in them now with the water temps being what they are.

Fishing machine. and starcraft18 like this.
  5. greelhappy

greelhappy

Thanks for the replies. Would cost $20 to go into park and launch. The reason I am asking is that I do not want to travel on the lake to get to the Metro canal. Put the bigger boat away and would be in my 14'er. Would be a problem if the lake got riled up.

starcraft18 likes this.
  6. jumbojake

jumbojake

Eye eye captain,yur best bet is metro ramp;)de venetian is directly to de right of metro boat launch. I'm talkin 5 second ride lol;)not sure on action doe captain.shes been blowing good lately:\got a feeling de Ole lsc is gona freeze muddy.very typical every season doe.fash are around and to be had:)

6667supersport likes this.
  7. greelhappy

greelhappy

My bad guys, what I was looking for is on the LSC site. Iggy was the poster and did very well in the canals around Metro.

starcraft18 likes this.