Canal Cleanup

Discussion in 'Help Wanted/Job Wanted' started by emrducks, May 5, 2018.

1. emrducks

emrducks

I have a cottage at the end of a canal just south of Sandpoint that I am trying to find someone to hire to clean it up. After this winter there is an amazing amount of crap that blew in (dead cattails, dead fish, garbage, wooden dock ladder, etc.) all at the end of the canal which is preventing me from docking a boat there. We tried this weekend using pitchforks, rakes, boat to get some of it out of there but it was hopeless. I'm thinking that I would need someone with a back hoe that can reach out a bit and pull the stuff up and out.

Anybody in the area that you could suggest?

I've called multiple excavators locally and haven't had any success getting return calls.

Thanks!!

2. JAA

JAA

I don't think ya can just pull a backhoe in and start clearing out a canal without a permit? You might want to look into that.

3. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Not sure if this would work for you in a canal or not but a buddy at work just went in with a neighbor and cant stop talking about how good it works. Basically blows every thing away from your area and sends it out into the lake. He claims he turned 3ft of muck bottom into a nice hard bottom for swimming. Also made it easy to pick up garbage that it unearthed.

https://weedersdigest.com/aqua-thruster-lake-muck-silt-weed-control-prevention-blower/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app