close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can we get a dog section in here?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by ajkulish, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajkulish

ajkulish

Brought this up in the forum section but it doesnt seem to get much traffic.

There is an upland hunting/dog training section but with the exception of some versatile labs and GSPs, waterfowlers and upland hunters typically use different breeds and have different goals/programs for their dogs. I have been hearing a lot of questions about dogs in this section lately, and i think it would be beneficial to have a sub forum that would make good information easier to access.

Anyone agree?

2. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I would enjoy a dog section. I enjoy seeing and hearing about most anything dog related.

3. NDBair

NDBair

Agree completely.

4. adam bomb

adam bomb

5. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I think many people would post a wider variety of dog topics if it weren't combined with the upland forum. Our dogs do many things not related to upland and I am sure many other members have dogs that have many talents.

ajkulish likes this.
  6. ajkulish

ajkulish

Maybe even a dog forum, with waterfowl, small game, upland, etc subforums would work. But at least a subforum in the waterfowl section.

Heck, 7 of the 20 first threads in here are about dogs.

Aaronjeep2 likes this.
  7. choc24/7

choc24/7

would be very good. i never visit the upland section.
    [​IMG]

8. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

I will bring this up with Steve for a review....

Would adding the words that suggest Waterfowl Dogs to the heading be helpful...

Or is this a request to have waterfowl dog "stuff" and waterfowl hunting separated....

Lamarsh likes this.
  9. retired dundo

retired dundo

Saw a great sticker on a truck yesterday.It said my dog behaves better than your kids.Wish I could find one

10. ajkulish

ajkulish

Thank you dead bird! Perhaps that would be helpful, but i think that having a single subforum "Waterfowl Dogs" just like the deer section has "trail cam photos" and "whitetail deer habitat" would be more beneficial. A single source where one can go to learn more about dogs without having to search as much would be desirable.

I have something similar on my truck

"My dog is smarter than your honor student" LOL

retired dundo likes this.
  11. saddie1990

saddie1990

id like to see this. in the near future i will be getting 2 family friends who will hunt with me also. they will be our first labs, waterfowl dogs. but not our first dogs so any extra reading or tips before we do find them i like take full advantage.

ajkulish likes this.
  12. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

I agree completely. I've brought this up before, some agreed, others said there's already a dog section so why get another one. My issue was that the "dog training" forum also says upland hunting. My two cents is the forum should either (1) separate the upland hunting section into its own section and have a dog training only section, including any kind of dog training, or (2) just spin off another section for waterfowl / hunting retriever training.

ajkulish likes this.
  13. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

My vote would be to REMOVE the upland hunting title from the dog training section and create an entire new section for upland hunting, and leave the existing dog training section open to any kind of hunting dog training, and make the title description accordingly.

Another thing to consider, but first check on how people feel about it, is to create an entire section for dog training, with subsections (like the fishing sections have) for hunting retrievers, upland pointing dogs, upland flushing dogs, and hounds. Just a thought.

Tomfive5 likes this.
  14. SWMbruiser

SWMbruiser

I agree with this. Would make it a lot easier, especially for guys running versatile breeds. Instead of just a duck dog or upland dog. All in one spot to ask and answer questions for training as opposed to checking 2 different forums for possible answers

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

15. ajkulish

ajkulish

This is what i was getting at as well, but i was just selfishly interested in the waterfowl section due to my own preferences.

But you're right; Waterfowl, upland, small game, tracking, and shed dogs are all valid subforums.

Tomfive5 and Lamarsh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.