Camping North Dakota

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by RCA DOGS, May 2, 2018.

1. RCA DOGS

RCA DOGS

Looking for dog friendly camping in the north/west corner of North Dakota this hunting season. Past Minot. Does anyone know of campgrounds in that area or what rules for dispersed camping are out there? After a few searches I’m not finding much.

Thanks Dan G

2. birdhntr

birdhntr

There is a few around the lake sakakawea that I researched years ago

3. dallasdog

dallasdog

I stayed at a place just outside of Garrison last year (central ND)I think fort custer was the name of it. we had it to ourselves and bird numbers were great but we only seen pheasnts. You could hunt within a couple miles of the campground.

4. dauber

dauber

Dispersed camping rules on state game areas changed a few years back and most all game areas have a couple days a week camping is not allowed. But there are quite a few campgrounds around. Quite a few of the cities have little Campgrounds. RV Parky is a pretty good free app.

5. RCA DOGS

RCA DOGS

Thanks for the replies. I’m new to the RV camping and we are renting a trailer to use this fall. Trying to avoid issues when I stake out 5-6 dogs.

6. jasperdog

jasperdog Premium Member

If you are going pheasant hunting ( or during that time frame) be sure to remember how cold it gets ...

Sometimes rv’s are not the most frost resistant...

7. birdhntr

birdhntr

North Dakota tourism publishes a book that has everything you need in it.it lists everything in detail.Around 15 years ago there was one on the lake that had kennels to offer up.