camping in the UP in August

Discussion in 'Michigan Youngsters in the Out-Of-Doors' started by wyldkat49766, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

I know this is an old post but just wondering where your son ended up?

We toured LSSU this summer with my daughter. Zero expectations. Figured it was a little back water. I was blown away, my daughter was thoroughly impressed. She's toured Kettering, Calvin, and Ferris and none of them caught her attention like LSSU. Tour was supposed to be over by 3pm and we didn't leave until 5:30 on a Friday.

I was courted by MIT and Yale and RPI and ended up at Kettering; she's been courted by Princeton and Columbia and so far is leaning towards LSSU.

(To those who give campus tours, having a student walk a few kids around at a time and then teaming up one on one with a professor for an hour - or in our case over three hours - is the way to do it. Within 15 minutes of meeting our prof we joined students in the lab and were helping one prep samples for his thesis research)

2. CL-Lewiston

CL-Lewiston

This was going to be my suggestion.
    Might check out mouth of two hearted river but I think that SF campground is gone--forest fire about 5 yrs ago. That is secluded and right on the big lake. Take everything w/ you cause it is out of the way. Check before going.

3. stickman1978

stickman1978

Campground is still there. Was there about two years afterwards. The little chapel survived also.