Cabelas Saginaw customer service

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Ray Duve, Aug 29, 2020.

1. trucker3573

trucker3573

Sunrys in Fenton would be a good choice as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rasher

Rasher

In the metro D area Adams Archery in Milan is my go to place.

Dan Jr likes this.

3. jd4223

jd4223

If I recall the name was Broken Arrow.,and if I recall even further back,the owner of Broken Arrow used to own Marlin Archery in Dearborn located on Greenfield Rd. at Michigan Ave,northeast corner.

4. mattrowloff

mattrowloff

Thank you for the Bay Archery recomendation

5. propbuster

propbuster

Even the Cabelas/Bass Pro website is an awful experience. I will pay more elsewhere to avoid anything Cabelas/Bass Pro. Says someone that used to have the Cabelas credit card and spent A LOT of $$$ in the stores/catalog prior to the purchase by Bass Pro

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    d_rek likes this.
  6. o_mykiss

o_mykiss

+1

Had a family member get a cable and string replaced on a crossbow there, and when I shot with them recently I noticed a broken limb rocker on their crossbow... despite it very well not being Adams' fault, I ordered a new set of rockers and Adams replaced them free of charge

7. d_rek

d_rek

I get that you guys are upset about cabelas customer service and apparent lack of knowledge about all things archery and crossbows. But guys. This "tech" is getting paid like $10 - maybe $15 - an hour. Not enough for him to give a hoot.

There might have been a time when big box stores prioritized customer service over profits. That time is gone and past. Not saying you aren't wrong to be uspet, just that your expectations might have been unrealistic to begin with.

8. don

don Premium Member

Another place is Goldstar Archery on 46 west of Edmore, I have always been treated well there.

9. Beckley's M65 Baitshop in Whittemore. Run by a guy who is passionate and an expert on all things archery. He will go the extra mile to make sure you get what you need and when you need it. If you are ever headed that way, you should stop in, he has an indoor range and a brand new really good 3D course.

Sasquatch Lives likes this.
  10. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I would say Bay Archery, I haven't been there in years, but they were great back then.

My go-to is Northwoods though. They have the biggest selection and will service them right there too. I went to high school with a couple of the guys there and they really do know their stuff. The bow techs go to a lot of manufacturer training and seminars too. They are pretty well versed in their craft, thankfully.

11. SAVChippewa04

SAVChippewa04

I have never bought a bow from a big box joint, other stuff sure, but before I leave the shop I want it dialed in and ready to go, you only get that at the local joints, a good one is beyond the ears in Oxford. I once won a rifle thru DU at bass pro and when I picked it up I looked thru the scope and the cross hairs were way off level, I didn't say anything as the guy going thru my paperwork was telling me how they bore sighted it and everything, it took all I could muster not to laugh. There are poor saps out there though that get this bush league service and head out into the woods with equipment all jacked up like that, and they don't even know any better.

12. SAVChippewa04

SAVChippewa04

By the way, was the guys name you dealt with at Cabela's adam? I had some guy named adam deal with me a few years back, massively rude and cocky, just sounds like the kind of guy you ran into.

13. kingfisher 11

kingfisher 11

Hicks in Clio right off I-75 gets my archery service. They have guys who are very knowledgeable

14. skipper34

skipper34

+10

15. kappa8

kappa8 Premium Member

Can't agree. That's *exactly* the expectation we should have from every retailer and service provider. Regardless the employee pay, once you've stripped away that last penny of profitability through low wages, the only thing left to impress & draw customers is Customer Service. And that's a direct reflection of store management. Cabela's *used to have it* (i.e. great customer service); it's long gone now.
    Jay's (in Clare) isn't big box, but it's much more than a mom&pop shop. Every employee interaction I've ever had over nearly 30 years always seemed like that person was passionate about outdoors or shooting or hunting and brought knowledge and discussion. Heck, I like waiting for employee to finish with someone before me just to listen and learn.
    I've spent alot of time and money in Cabela's Dundee over 20 years. Longtime employees are gone, and no two trips include the same people on the floor. High turnover for a reason. And customers are noticing too.