cabelas going out of business

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Mr Burgundy, Nov 21, 2015.

1. StStutz

StStutz

Well lets hope its nothing, i read that on one of my online statements but have not seen it on anything else

2. Rounder

Rounder Banned

To have a black card, you must use it every calendar year. I think you have to go longer then a year, to lose point, but not sure.

Interesting thing, when you google this, 99% of it is early November, the rest were slow.

3. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

I buy just about everything from cabelas. I have a black card and run all of my business expense through it.

They're are always sales going on and you can almost always waive shipping. The cabelas brand stuff Is usually a great value. They have items manufactured by one of the leading companies and then rebrand them cabelas. Then they sell them at a discount.

4. Lou is Blue

Lou is Blue

I do this too, if it weren't for the points, my wife could keep track of what I'm spending on fishing and outerwear, and who needs that?

5. Rounder

Rounder Banned

I was just looking, there are alot better rewards cards out there. I think I am getting rid of cabelas

6. StStutz

StStutz

yup, there are definitely cards out there with better rewards now. the only difference in the standard, silver and black status is the color of the cards it is based on yearly expenses.

7. Rounder

Rounder Banned

Cabelas makes it seem like there is am incentive to be black card, but I haven't made use if there is.

8. Rounder

Rounder Banned

Cabelas employee told me Bass Pro has not been able to get financing.

Also said it is BS about the points expiring, it is not on peoples statements.

9. Jimbos

Jimbos

Would I want to take on debt to run those palaces? Hell no, but if they did you know which way sporting goods prices would go.

10. Chromelander

Chromelander

I read that cabelas is selling the credit card part of the business, so you may want to redeem your points before it gets sold. Just in case

11. Rounder

Rounder Banned

Maybe. But I think they may be trying to get controlling shares, the companies is to big for them buy. Atleast what the employee said. But you never know how much they are being told.

Harley building all the boutique has driven up prices and bankrupted many dealers.
    I read it is profitibale and could be sold for money. Bass Pro is the one that needs the money to do the deal.

I am not giving into the hysteria. If it happens there will be some kind of notice. I suppose if I had thousands I may ot take the chance, but for the few hundred I got, I am waiting for the right sale on something I really want.

12. goodworkstractors

goodworkstractors

I echo this entire statement.

13. goodworkstractors

goodworkstractors

If I recall, you get 5% back in points for purchases made at Cabelas with the card.

14. goodworkstractors

goodworkstractors

Yeah I've had a Capital One card for years. Rarely use it, but they recently offered to upgrade to the 1.5% cash back version. So, I may start using that more often. The benefit of using the Cabelas card is that my wife has no use for the points, lol.

15. Rounder

Rounder Banned

I was thinking I may keep the Cabelas card, cause you need it for sales. Though I quit using all my cards over the years, I don't carry any credit card debt.

Amazon one looks good, 2% on gas and other stuff, I drive alot. But I don't want to keep track of a card and risk ate fee, for a few bucks. Though now a days with online payments, it is not so bad.