Burt & Mullet Chain?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by Bigbass201, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Bigbass201

Bigbass201

Jim and I had this chain in early May in 2018 and 2019. It's a great chain with some incredible smallmouth. When is it prime fishing for spring would you say? We are planning a trip again next year, and not sure what days to put in vacation for. Any suggesgtions?

2. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Based on the crappy spring weather we've had the last couple of years, my suggestion would be to get up there between the last week of September through the second week of October. No dealing with the are they in pre-spawn, spawn, or post-spawn mode, because in the fall they are all in chow-down mode.

Bigbass201 and gundogguy like this.

3. Bigbass201

Bigbass201

That's some good advice. I hit the area in the last week of August last year and the 1st week of September the year before. There was a quick morning bite, then it went dead the rest of the day.

4. d7645

d7645

I live near Burt and last few springs have been tougher than usual. I don’t fish these lakes until after Labor Day, and summer forget it...especially with all the drunk boaters I’ve encountered which is unnerving.

I have other spots I fish in the spring.

5eyes and johnIV like this.
  5. Bigbass201

Bigbass201

Sounds more and more like I need to plan a later fall trip. Thanks guys

6. GSPNut

GSPNut

The last two seasons, the prespawn bite has been best for me in the first three weeks of May, when water temps get into upper 40s low 50s. This season was tough though as the bite, like the weather, was very inconsistent.

Bigbass201 likes this.
  7. johnIV

johnIV

AND....Zero pressure.

Bigbass201 likes this.
  8. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Yeah, the only guys on the lakes are either trolling for walleyes, or more than likely perch jerkin'. Everyone else is sitting in a tree stand!

Bigbass201 and johnIV like this.
  9. johnIV

johnIV

Yeah I'm that treestand guy. It's kind of a tug of war for me. I know from Oct 4-20th can be a rough time to bowhunt but yet I still work at it. Those dates can be the best on the bass waters State side. I find myself more and more being pulled to water during that time more every year. This year I'll give in and leave the bow hang after October 5th and get the boat out for those 3 weeks.

10. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Totally agree! I have to be in the woods the first weekend of bow season, but then try to get some great fishing in until about 10/28. Then it's deer time till Thanksgiving. Then it's a true tug of war between walleyes on the Sagnasty and one or two last ditch efforts with the smoke poles in December. Man, we have it good in the Mitten!!!! Always something to chase in the woods or water;)

11. Fishstopper

Fishstopper

Has anybody been out on Mullet fishing for Walleyes. Just wondering how the bite is. Camping at Aloha state park in a few weeks. Any help is appreciated. thanks

12. Jakob

Jakob

Just got back from 10 days at aloha.Did pretty well. Feel free to PM

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Fishstopper likes this.
  13. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

The first two weeks of bass season are typically prime time on burt for bass fishing. The issue the last few years is there are two giant tournaments scheduled. Payback bass and a BFL tournamnrt draws a huge crowd with the large payouts. They are back to back weekends and it is busy.

This year it was not an issue as tournaments were cancelled due to covid.

Bigbass201 likes this.
  14. mitch h

mitch h

Sent u one there jakob

15. Walley Gordo

Walley Gordo

Did you happen to see a thermocline setting up in the deep water yet?