close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Burt lake

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by outdoor101, Sep 26, 2017.

1. skins to scales

skins to scales

Did ok, it is hit and miss now. A lot of small ones now. If u r there 7am - 9am. They r doing better up at the north end of the big bay but I heard shore ice is a little goofy looking. Monday was really good , tues not one, Wednesday fished all day for 27 and yesterday only good in am .

2. daveo0807

daveo0807

Fished Burt Friday, did ok, 22 keepers most of them on wigglers. Lot of ice 12+", shore ice is starting to get soft.

3. daveo0807

daveo0807

Has anyone been out this week?

4. DAVID G

DAVID G

Anyone plan to ice fish the opener?

5. skins to scales

skins to scales

After this cold front it should be good lol

6. benster

benster

How much ice is there? Can you get on or is the shore ice gone?

7. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

On average when is ice out usually in Burt Lake? Still waiting to get the salvage team back out there for my quad and it seems like there’s still a ton of ice out there. Been on the boat for 6-7 weeks down here

8. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

I heard guys were fishing Burt and mullet before the huge storm. Not sure how the ice will be after the 2 feetnof wets snow they just got. I will see if My cousin can take a look.

Steve Rector likes this.
  9. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Usually some time between the first and now. Normally no chunks left by the time the opener comes.

10. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

Cool hopefully sooner than later. Been a crazy long winter

11. skins to scales

skins to scales

I was going I head down to fish the eyes but when I got boat out untarpped it had to head north for wrk that night filled it with snow and ice. Now I have to wait :( crazy weather

Papa Liver likes this.
  12. fels340

fels340

I live on Mullett. I was at my buddies house on Burt Sunday night. There’s still a ton of ice on both lakes. There is however, a fairly large open area between the mouth of the Indian River and the mouth of the Sturgeon. Not sure exactly where your quad went through but if it’s in this area you might be able to take a look. There’s at least 12 inches of ice on the rest of the areas on both lakes. I think it will be a pretty late ice out this year. Unless we get some really warm weather with warm rain or sunshine I think there’s a good chance of significant ice being present for the opener. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Papa Liver likes this.
  13. Dkarston

Dkarston

So you live on Mullett, and your buddy lives on Burt?!?! LUCKY!

14. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

111F7CAE-17CA-4997-A9CD-A779490F3CB5.png
    Killing it down here man. St. Clair and the D. 2 weeks after we went for our swim my kid got his wall mounter outta the Saginaw River. One extreme to another lol. 31” 12.3lbs. Still a lot of good fishing to be had!

15. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

We went in in front of the State Park. I believe its the Sturgeon River that opened up. Dive team tried to locate it for 3 days and called it off till ice out. They said quad must be bouncing around down there because of the air in the tires. At this point it could be anywhere I guess. Thanks for the heads up appreciate it.