Burt lake

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by outdoor101, Sep 26, 2017.

1. outdoor101

outdoor101

Looking to make a trip up to Burt lake this year for the first time around maple bay area. Just looking for some more information on that area. What to fish for? presentations? Good place to stay at by the lake?
    Been doing some research online on the ice fishing but not to much info. Wondering how it was when you personally fished it.

Thanks

2. Jim_MI

Jim_MI

Maple Bay area is good for perch and pike. Usually lots of sorting involved on the perch and not too many jumbos, but if you are willing to move around you can catch a lot. Walleye can be had at dawn and dusk but there are better places on the lake if you are targeting them. I like MB because it is an easy launch and fish can be had within walking distance of the parking lot (I am only travelling on foot).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    If you camp, there's a state rustic campground at the launch right on the water, if not there's a Stafford's motel on 31 on the north side of Alanson with a bait store within spitting distance of it.
    I'll give it a go for perch in about 10 days or so, but I hope it cools down before then.

4. outdoor101

outdoor101

I'll looking to plan a trip up for ice fishing. Boats put up for the year with deer season coming up.
    Thank you for the response tho

5. outdoor101

outdoor101

Thank you for the info much appreciated. Pending ice conditions this year I plan on being on the quad and very Mobil. Me and the wife plan a weekend ice trip somewhere every year and with the bad ice the last couple years we went Houghton lake with good success but just looking to change it up this year.

6. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Perch and walleye are what most target. If you are mobile you can head out towards the point and work the north end of the lake. Have had some great days perching in front of the crooked river mouth too. Usually catch a lot of big perch on tip ups with blues or walleye sized minnows. It's a tough lake to figure out so be ready to keep moving. The crooked river lodge in a Landon or the Brentwood in Indian river are both nice places to stay.

birddogg87 and outdoor101 like this.
  7. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    I hope no one here was launching the kayak at the Maple Bay launch this morning, because dude go rig your yak before you tie up a dock just sitting there, especially the dock on the left drivers side you rude ass.

Lund Explorer likes this.
  8. icemandrk

icemandrk

hello just to let you know i rent day shacks and 2 sleepers(fishing all nite even in the worst weather) you can contact me directly @989-464-7959 thanks doug

9. jmaddog8807

jmaddog8807

Fished Burt Lake last year for the first time ever through the ice. I love it, but it can be very tricky since it's such a big body of water. Have to be mobile and willing to work to find the fish. Also, I have found on trips where I am staying in hotels, that asking those staying in the same hotel how they are doing pays off big time. Most of the times, these guys are not locals and have no real tie to the water, so providing you with coordinates of where fish are biting isn't as big of a deal to them. Good luck up there! Can't wait for ice!

outdoor101 likes this.
  10. mtrop

mtrop Premium Member

Are you the guy with the shacks off of Frontenac rd
    I talked with you last year if you are . We have a cabin right up on the hill, I will be out there a few times this year

icemandrk likes this.
  11. icemandrk

icemandrk

12. twoatatime

twoatatime

Is it making shore ice yet?

icemandrk likes this.
  13. birddogg87

birddogg87

Stay at staffords on crooked river- complementary breakfast, jacuzzi and pool open till midnight to soak your bones after a long day on the ice.... just don't get caught jumping off the indoor rock wall into the pool naked.... guy at the front desk didn't like that one too much.

14. Howard Baumann

Howard Baumann

:lol::lol:

15. lakerkid1

lakerkid1

How about some intro to Burbot on that Lake? Just looking for basic building blocks on how to if anyone is willing to share.