close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Burt lake

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by benster, Apr 19, 2017.

1. North Country Squire

North Country Squire

Fished the west side this morning running cranks from 7:30-11:30. Fish were scattered and only picked up one on a fire tiger tot in 28ft. Probably should have fished the windward side of the lake.

2. Drake

Drake

Not wanting to take the thread away, but,
    I need to know what you guys sleep in, truck camper, 5th wheel & boat,
    travel trailer and someone else brings the boat???
    My wife and I would like to travel more and fish, myself I'm thinking truck camper
    but the wife wants more comfort.
    For now me are in an elaborate tent and canvas setup,
    to much time for setup and tear down, for a weekend it is to much.(help)
    Thanks, Dave

3. Walley Gordo

Walley Gordo

For 1-2 nights cabin, for the week long trips were in the same boat tent and tarps.

Mr B and Drake like this.
  4. Sea Fish

Sea Fish

Fished from state park west, 2 keepers, one short. 30-40 fow, clown tail dancer took 2 100 back and deep lil ripper 50/50 1.5 ounce snap weight the other. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1503279453.118844.jpg

Walley Gordo, benster and DAVID G like this.
  5. brigeton

brigeton

5th wheel & boat. Setup is pretty easy and you have the truck to run to the store without packing everything up. Just don't pull in anywhere you have to back up. Most gas stations are a pain but truck stops are ok. My truck has a 36 gallon tank so I can get anywhere in the lower on 1 tank of gas.

6. Moldman

Moldman

5Th wheel and 18' boat, also have 36 gallon tank. Wife just got her "R" endorsement on the state license and can help with driving on sections of open highway.

7. Walley Gordo

Walley Gordo

The wife and I shot up for a quick day and half trip. Got to the boat launch at the campgrounds around 4pm and WTF bass tournament launch was full and Lake was rough. Moms wasn't having any of that so went to Vivos for pizza and drinks. Fished hard Sunday 6am to 1pm not a single pull back. Around 11:00 am went and tried a spot I haven't tried in years and payoff 5 fish on and landed 4 with 3 being keepers and 1 short. Tuff day but always a treat in the great north of Michigan

Attached Files:

Mr B, Drake, crossneyes and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    It's official, I suck. 3 skunks in a row. Two a couple of weeks ago bb-ing, and one today pulling cranks anywhere from 20 to 50 feet.
    Sure I had some marks but there was a lot of dead water.

9. Walley Gordo

Walley Gordo

Don't get down on yourself, we sucked for the first 5 hrs and then totally changed things up. We ended running DDHJ #12's 90' to 156' back in 36' of water. I know I have had my fair share of days were I can't figure anything out, that is why they call it fishing.

10. benster

benster

I was running DDHJ'S 60 feet back and running back and forth over the drop offs from 18 out to 35 fow. Stagger your baits. I run my outside board 40, middle 60 and inside 80 with DDHJ's. And 80, 100 and 110 with hot n tots. The fish will let you know. I usually keep my baits around 13 feet down most of the time. Change colors if nothing and match if you catch something.

Mr B, bombcast, Drake and 1 other person like this.
  11. MR FISHBONZ

MR FISHBONZ

I will be up there with the boat this Thursday and Friday. Any new reports? Since the kids don't get up to early I will be walleye fishing early morning and then try to get the kids on some perch in the afternoon.

slowpaya likes this.
  12. MR FISHBONZ

MR FISHBONZ

Just thought about it and I should have an open seat for friday morning if someone wanted to hop in.

bombcast likes this.
  13. RichP

RichP

Last Wednesday picked up four in the 16-18" range just out of the bay in about 30 FOW. Three of them were caught right at the bottom with crawlers and the fourth about halfway down with an emerald shiner smithwick perfect 10

four.jpg

Went back out two days ago and only managed one keeper (via crawler/bottom bouncer) and a few perch, but the water was calm all morning, which is always a treat on that lake.

16.jpg

14. MR FISHBONZ

MR FISHBONZ

Thanks for the update Rich! Can't wait to get up there. Last time I was there I was Ice fishing and I got a couple perch over 14" that are now on my wall.

benster likes this.
  15. benster

benster

Pictures please. My friend did this a few years back. He only caught 2 fish all weekend but they were 13 1/2 and 14 inches. He got them mounted too.