close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Browning Cynergy

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Floater, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Floater

Floater

I'm seriously considering getting a 3.5 Browning Cynergy O/U. I plan to add it to the collection even though it doesn't seem like it would be a perfect waterfowl gun. It does look nice and I would try to use it for other things besides poultry. I know they have been out for a few years and I was hoping I could get an honest review from you guys that have or had one. Was it a great purchase or a big mistake?

2. Bigeejakes

Bigeejakes

I have two of them. One is a 2 3/4" sporting model with almost 30,000 target loads through it (I bought it with around 20000 already through it and have put another 10,000).

The other is a 3" satin field model that I bought new... Probably have 2 or 3 cases of 3" steel shot and another 2000 target loads through it.

Going to an o/u for hunting has been awesome (for me). And if it fits you, you won't be disappointed in the gun. It was created as Browning's new and most advanced over and under at the time... And I think it is, after taking it apart and comparing with citoris.

The #1 reason to use an o/u in my book is reliability. I've never had a shell stick in the chamber of my field gun.... But if it did all I'd have to do is pop it out with a corn stalk and I'm back to shooting. I've dropped it in the muck and mud at shiawassee and I treat it like any other gun with a wood stock (your synthetic version would be easier).

2nd is that you get two chokes... You can keep them the same or stagger them (one for 25, one for 40) I usually use LM/IM chokes.

The other advantage for me personally is that as a lefty... I didn't think that a right handed auto bugged me, until I started using o/u and then went back to an auto, it started to bug me with the bolt movement and shell ejecting.

Easy loading / unloading even with gloves.

The obvious downsides... Only 2 shells. I only feel like this makes me take my time a bit, and saves me shells.

Most importantly though is to make sure to get it fit correctly. Most people will say make sure it fits... But : Get it fit...by someone who knows what they're doing. Off the shelf guns are close for most people... But you should want it perfect, not close... 1/8" will make a huge difference in your poi.

Sorry I rambled...

If you like it; buy it they're the best deal in over unders IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

roger15055 likes this.

3. roger15055

roger15055

Bigeejakes- well said I to am a leftie and love by Browning O/U's

4. fishjump

fishjump

[​IMG]

I Love mine! I thought the recoil would be an issue, however it's nothing different than 3" out of my 870.

roger15055 likes this.
  5. Floater

Floater

That's the one I was looking at. Gotta love the look of it for sure!

6. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

Oh man that's a beauty I would love to hunt with one and just have one to touch and have.

I'd have a hard time giving up the opportunity for a triple though

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

ajkulish likes this.
  7. Floater

Floater

I just need to find the right price now.

8. fishjump

fishjump

Cabelas, has them with a 10% rebate.

9. Sampsons_owner

Sampsons_owner

Gunbroker had them for $1499 plus shipping and FFL. Steve

10. Floater

Floater

Thanks guys. I'm gonna head to Cabelas this weekend and check one out. The one on Gunbroker for 1499 is a 30". I think 28" is the most I would feel comfortable with. I may check the sites and see if I can locate a used one somewhere.

11. craigrh13

craigrh13

Call guns galore. They typically blow everyone out of the water.

12. TSS Caddis

TSS Caddis

The length on a 30” o/u is not comparable to a semi auto

13. Sampsons_owner

Sampsons_owner

Very true and the 30" is $1299 the 28 " is $1499. Steve

14. cynergy3.5

cynergy3.5

I had one and I loved it(notice nickname).The only thing that got a little tricky for me was when I was laying down in my ground blind,it was a little tougher to load/reload...

15. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

Right on, and the boys over there know their guns well. Cabelas anything > is a real bad joke nowadays....