Brooklyn Area Lakes

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by Raylaser, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Raylaser

Raylaser

Curious if there are any new reports for the lakes in Brooklyn area. Interested in any that may be producing any type of decent fishing activity. Looking at Devil's, Wampler, Vineyard etc. I'm about an hour away and looking for some good intel before traveling to that area. Appreciate any info you might have, feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks!

2. compli123

compli123

Hey Ray, check back into the Jackson Irish Hills thread for area info

3. Raylaser

Raylaser

Thanks compli123. Have been looking at that tread but not much info there on recent activity other than a lot of talk about catfish. Was really hoping to get something other than that for panfish on some of the other lakes in the area. Thanks again for your reply!!

4. Capnhook

Capnhook

Always fish biting on those lakes (Wamplers, Clark, Stony, Sand, and others), you just have to move until you find the active ones. Lots of good panfish in all those lakes. Now that walleyes are about done on Lake Erie and Saginaw Bay, I'll start on the pans again. Good Luck.

5. Raylaser

Raylaser

Thanks Capnhook, much appreciated!! Where would you suggest would be my best start if I went out tomorrow (I have about a 75 minute drive to get there)? Open to any one of those lakes. No snow machine but still able to move around to find the right location if need be. Any details would be appreciated since I haven't fished that area in 3 years. Please PM if you have some details you want to keep off the radar!! Thanks again!

6. Capnhook

Capnhook

I'm sending you a PM Raylaser.

7. Trevor17

Trevor17

hehe sorry about all the catfish talk but they are fun to catch

8. Raylaser

Raylaser

Hey Trevor, no worries, I'm sure they're a blast and wouldn't mind catching a few myself. Just not first species to target so that's why I was looking for other reports as well. Meant no disrespect, I like catching (not eating of course) carp. They're a blast, especially with a fly rod. If it swims I'll try to catch it at some point. Keep the catfish info coming, I'm sure I will use the knowledge to target a few while I'm in the area. Thanks and "Fish On Bro!"