Broken hooks on Flicker Shads and Minnows

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Impact1850, May 11, 2018.

1. Impact1850

Impact1850

i know I am not the only one having this problem. I have had several Flicker Shads that I have broken Hooks on. I contacted Berkly about the Hooks on Shads and Minnows breaking on routine hook removal. They told me they don’t have replacement hooks and don’t think they have a problem. I have already spoke to several Walleye fishermen that are having the same problem. Just having ahold of the hook when a fish flops and the hook snaps like a toothpick. It is a pain in the A$$
    To change these hooks even with the ring pliers. Anyone else seeing this???

2. brigeton

brigeton

I don't have any Flicker Shads or Minnows but have heard those complaints. You will just have to change out the hooks.
    I have always had a hard time with split rings until I bought some new split ring pliers from Jann's Netcraft this spring called Texas Tackle split rings pliers. Easy.

fishindave likes this.

3. Cat Power

Cat Power

You have a couple threads going on this, which has been discussed before on here and many other forum sites. Just change out the hooks to a better hook, that's what most guys do.

the stock hooks are not that good

fishindave and antlerhunter like this.
  4. Cat Power

Cat Power

FISH USA has a good deal on flicker's today. 15% off

5. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

Flickers at 3 bucks cheaper than Husky Jerks for a reason. Fishing very snaggy areas I actually like the hooks on them because they will bend out or break before your line does.

6. Cat Power

Cat Power

Mustad triple grip #6 (standard point) Classic

Just picked up 100 on Ebay for $28.00

free shipping

Model TG76-BN

7. Muskyrush

Muskyrush

If you like sharp hooks, you gotta deal with them breaking. Those are some of the sharpest hooks out there, i wouldnt advise chamgimg them to anything else. Those lures are very sensitive to heavier hooks they loose all there action. I keep extra hooks for all my cranks and change as needed.

8. antlerhunter

antlerhunter

Made in China,most everything is. So you've had several Flicker Shads that failed.Switch brand of lures or change the hooks,isn't that pretty simple? At least you landed/boated the fish.Replacing hooks even with ring pliers on any lure is A.P.I.T.A.