Bristol fishing rod

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Pniwre, May 5, 2018.

1. Pniwre

Pniwre

Unfortunately I am a seldom poster on here so I don't think I can post pics. My 93 year old stepdad has just ask me to find out what this fishing rod is worth and sell it for him. I think the rod may be a fly rod but it is only about 74". I was hoping there may be a tackle collector (expert) on here which I could converse with and maybe come up with some value appraisal for the rod. I would be considered a very "small time" collector of fishing tackle, when I see something affordable that I like I purchase it. If I am able to gather enough info on this rod I may choose to purchase it from dad, rather than sell it. If someone would like to exchange emails I did take some pics of the rod, but the only writing on it which is legible is "Bristol" on the reel seat. Thanks for reading & I hope to hear from some of you.

2. Stand By

Stand By

I think they use to make steel fly rods if that's what you have. Not as sought after as bamboo, I would by it to keep it in the family if I were you. PM if you did want a couple bucks for it. I have a reproduced, tin advertisement for Bristol Rods (NY) with a canoe on it that it would look good with. You could probably find one on amazon or somewhere if you wanted. Plus my cabin is just outside of Bristol, Mi.

3. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

If you come up with a price you feel is fair for selling the rod, please let me know...