Brandishing

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Gamekeeper, Oct 30, 2020.

1. wpmisport

wpmisport

Wasn't one of the members in kidnapping plot at this rally with an AR? So maybe there was a reason.

2. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

You've had how long to request an absentee ballot and mail it in, or go to a station and drop it off?

brewster, sullyxlh and Oldgrandman like this.

3. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

Or just go vote at an office in person.....or just go vote normally like always.

4. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

I live a mile from the polls. I don’t like to waste money, so I purposefully didn’t participate in all of the paper shuffling that attends the new way of getting people to participate in our democracy.

It’s no trouble at all for me to vote, and say hello to the 75-year-old local residents that have been sitting at the same picnic tables checking people in and out since I was in grade school. They might get a little shook if I show up with an MP5 though (civilian variant).

With regards to voting however, there’s nothing in our constitution that distinguishes between a well cast vote, an informed vote or a poorly cast, or uninformed vote.

A vote is a vote.
    I want everybody’s votes run through the machine for as long as it takes for everybody’s vote to be counted even if their vote made no difference in the end result.

And that brings us a new complexity particularly as our nation gets ever more populous. There are going to be ever bigger groups of people that have special needs when it comes to voting. Might be language might be ability to read might be communicable disease, I don’t know, but things seem to be getting more complicated.

fishmark likes this.
  5. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

When I worked in Mexico I spoke Spanish.

Justin, LuckyBucks and Waif like this.
  6. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

Amen Brother.

7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I remember that ordeal. I thought that they were counted if the number of absentee ballots from the military in a state were greater than the difference in the vote count then they counted them. If not they didnt have to count them. I remember the argument that california had enough military absentee ballots that could have possibly evened out the popular vote. Most military people voted for Bush. California refused to count them. I have no idea if that was possible or not but i remember the argument.

Stand By likes this.
  8. Petronius

Petronius Premium Member

California would only be responsible for the ballots from people who stated California as their state of residence and had requested an absentee ballot because they were out of state.

9. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

What am I missing out on to not understand this thread and your concerns? I understand the concept and meaning behind carrying v brandishing. But, why are you concerned that there will be firearms at poll stations? I have a hard time believing anyone would brandish weapons at poll stations in an attempt to scare voters away. Is this something the MSM is cooking up in an attempt to paint a picture? I seriously don't get it.

10. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

11. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

I just read on it some. Just more twisted fear mongering. Its crazy how the desire to have poll watchers can be turned into, so and so wants armed thugs at the polling stations to intimidate.

Here's the problem I see with it, unless I missed something. So and so didn't say anything about wanting armed thugs at polls. However, it appears the media is telling the mentally unstable that that is what so and so said. This sort of thing is why 2020 is so messed up. On another note, I feel confident that the red wave will be peaceful.

12. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

It's not about Who wins or who loses this election
    It's about maintaining a peaceful way, an unencumbered way, of allowing every American to Comfortably and safely cast their vote. Doesn't have anything to do with party.

It should bother people that our election process has devolved Into a pseudo armed confrontation.

Our township has been having training sessions on de escalation and what constitutes brandishing and voter intimidation for the first time in 170 years.

That's not something I believe we should take pride in.

stickman1978 and Gordon Casey like this.
  13. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should

14. brushbuster

brushbuster Premium Member

I live about a mile from my town hall where I vote
    If I walked in with a AR strapped across my back, my neighbors would ask if I killed any coyotes.

Justin, miruss, LuckyBucks and 4 others like this.
  15. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

I must live in a sheltered area. I never see sides at the poll station. Surprisingly, I don't even hear conversation on sides.

d_rek, LuckyBucks, brewster and 2 others like this.